Pause on mute

7OH

Screen in car far from hand. Screen on phone in pocket too.

Button in car - yes - wheel buttons with android head unit - vol+ vol- mute.

Button on headphones in most cases only vol+ and vol-.

In both cases  there is no pause button and asking fro this small feature.

A bit of an esoteric case, but maybe @maxmp could add a user-option for triggering pause when the volume reaches zero, and resuming playback when you raise the volume?

However do the steering-wheel volume controls adjust the output levels of the car head-unit (which would seem the most logical design) or are individual volume commands sent via Bluetooth to control the phone? If the former, then making changes to PA won't help as it can't know what the volume setting of your head-unit might be.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

A bit of an esoteric case, but maybe @maxmp could add a user-option for triggering pause when the volume reaches zero, and resuming playback when you raise the volume?

exactly.

Head-unit connected not by BlueTooth and not by Phone. it's a separate device with android on board and connected to car buttons )).

Before moving to android - yes - i have use phone with BT-to-Radio device and must press onscreen buttons on phone. But now car has own OS )).

So, you have an Android-based car headunit with its own touchscreen control system, and also steering-wheel volume and mute buttons. It's odd that there are no other track controls though, usually there are at least  +/- buttons for radio channels, CD/USB tracks, Bluetooth control, etc.

Earlier you seemed to imply that Poweramp was installed on your phone, and that's where your music came from, but in your last post you said the phone was not connected by Bluetooth. Do you mean that you have Poweramp installed on the car headunit itself? If so, does the touchscreen on the headunit not allow you to pause/change tracks/etc?

Andre

yes. PA on headunit. Touchscreen is far from hand. In drive trying to press touch screen can be dangerous.

Hard to drive and trying to press small button on screen.

Seems - situaltion is clear at this moment ))

Unfortunately, the manufacturer of your vehicle doesn't appear to have provided sufficient controls on the steering wheel, so they must feel that that their head-unit is a suitable way to control anything other than volume.

It does seem very lacking in features though, I've not come across anything that limited recently (my own Hyundai system provides on-wheel buttons for voice-command, call answer/end, volume up/down/mute, + and - for tracks/radio stations/etc, and source selection. The track +/- control can also be used for list/folder/album/etc changing via a double-press).

Hyundai-i30-2017-1600-31.jpg

What model do you have, is there an upgrade available?

Andre

I have folder buttons)) (Renault Megane 3). But it were work on old native system. On old system mute button were work as pause too. So - folder change by command is question too (maybe PA has this command and i can write an app, that will send this command).

Have you checked to see what commands your device is actually generating and sending to Poweramp? You can see this in PA's Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands.

More recent versions of PA treat commands fairly literally. For example, a few devices incorrectly issue a plain PAUSE command when they really mean PLAY_PAUSE. The PLAY_PAUSE command is treated a toggle, whereas PA treats PAUSE (correctly) as a discrete command to stop playback, and waits for a corresponding PLAY command to resume.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Have you checked to see what commands your device is actually generating and sending to Poweramp? You can see this in PA's Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands.

Didnot know this. Will check today. Thanks.

But is there in android command NEXT_PLAYLIST or so ?

How to change kl file in android to bind keycode to literal name (103 PLAY_PAUSE) i know.

Find KEYCODE_CHANNEL_DOWN  keycode or KEYCODE_NAVIGATE_NEXT . What keycode must be send to PA to change playlist\folder ?

I don't think there is a KEYCODE_ for next/prev album. But yes, editing generic.kl (or similar file for your device, assuming it is rooted of course) would allow you to remap from MEDIA_PAUSE to trigger MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE instead. 

However PA will respond to double-tap though, so two MEDIA_NEXT or MEDIA_PREV events in quick succession will do it. Otherwise, you are looking at needing full API commands which is beyond a Bluetooth connection.

Andre

My MEDIA_NEXT is not button). It's a scroll. Will try do twice - but think it's a hard todo.

Think - PA need handle some of the presents commands for next playlist\folder (which must be bind to those buttons before).

Tyring to watch " Last Processed Commands " - it's not handle my folder buttons (because it's not send correct commands).

Waiting - what can say for this situation developer.

24 minutes ago, 7OH said:

My MEDIA_NEXT is not button). It's a scroll. Will try do twice - but think it's a hard todo.

I had a Megane before my Hyundai, and that had a little scroll wheel thingy too (just behind the controls on the side of the steering column), with rotation actually generating a series of clicks rather than an actual analogue signal. With a bit of practice you can turn it relatively fast to generate two clicks for list changing.

What does the Last Processed Commands display show for the various control functions? On my Megane, the flappy lever that you pulled towards you to enable mute also sent a PLAY_PAUSE command via Bluetooth when I had my phone connected. It was annoying because if you then happened to pressed Play on the phone, the two devices got out of sync and unmuting the head-unit then sent another PLAY_PAUSE (not PLAY) command, so it just paused the phone again. Doing it again started playback in PA, but muted the speakers.

Andre

Thanks for double press next - to - next folder trick.

It works. Hard todo it on scroll - but it works (with "PlayerService PREVIOUS_IN_CAT" at log).

Now left main question - pause on mute )

Archived