ReplayGain not working on Opus files created using dBpoweramp

jl91569

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7

ROM: Stock Samsung Experience 9.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo with February security patches)

Poweramp Version: v3 build 820 (Play Store beta)

This problem has existed since before v3 officially launched (check my post history).

It's worth noting that other Android apps aren't able to see the ReplayGain tags either 😕

Adding them through a ReplayGain app works, but I feel like Poweramp should be able to see the tags correctly.

It does sound like the issue is with the file encoding, especially if re-tagging them causes them to work with Poweramp and other apps.

If you can upload a sample file though, maybe Max can decide whether a workaround is possible or viable for this case?

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

It does sound like the issue is with the file encoding, especially if re-tagging them causes them to work with Poweramp and other apps.

If you can upload a sample file though, maybe Max can decide whether a workaround is possible or viable for this case?

Andre

Oops, forgot to mention that both VLC and foobar2000 can see them on Windows. Seems like dBpoweramp is a bit broken (see this standards compliance post about beets on GitHub).

It'd be nice to have it working, but I'll see if using the compliant tags works.

noise.opus

On 3/16/2019 at 3:15 AM, andrewilley said:

Andre

Okay, tagging files with R128 tags appears to work, but the vast majority of tools don't use that standard.

Archived