Poweramp
KiLLaBee

Template for v3 to design skins??

So I've been in contact with another developer & asked if they plan on making any v3 skins or updating their v2 skins to v3 & their response was they need the template from you guys... So can someone send me a template so I can then send that to these guys..? They have awesome skins for v2 & I've bought like 15 from them already so kinda sucks just pissing away 15-30 bucks... thanx for your time & work, been using Poweramp for like 10yrs now 👍👍

Yes it is BUT a quote from a recent skin developer

"That's exactly the problem, you can not do anything with this template. We have tried everything, but this template is not intended for skin manufacturers, the codes are not correct, the links are full of errors and everything is so messy"

So all these previous skins & sick designers that made Poweramps experience better "maybe even helped bring it to the success it has today" & more user friendly, are shit outta luck now!?!? All that money spent on skins, flushed down the toilet bc they cannot update  their v2 skins or even produce a v3 skin without spending a rediclious amt of time sorting thru the messy coding, errors in the codes, links are full of errors, just to get it to work correctly, then have to actually design the skin "mind you the only thing they should have to do is design their skin to work properly with the app, not fix the apps coding to work with their skin" only to sell it for .99 or 1.49... 

I'm not trying to be hostile or obnoxious but this is a real problem, an unfortunate one that I'm hoping i can help resolve & get some forward progress... Cause alot of customers & developers are annoyed in reference to this situation.

Again thank you for all the time & hard work that goes into all this. Its greatly appreciated but can we try & work towards a solution here?

25 minutes ago, KiLLaBee said:

"That's exactly the problem, you can not do anything with this template. We have tried everything, but this template is not intended for skin manufacturers, the codes are not correct, the links are full of errors and everything is so messy"

Not sure what they mean by this. The skin SDK and the sample applications ARE your templates. Everything you need is there. It is very comprehensive. I started from scratch and learned how to go about developing skins

If you understand android styles and how they work for different layouts and screen sizes then they should be able to develop a skin. 

Have a look here to see what is possible.

http://www.theo.klinkweb.nl/poweramp_skin.html

the comments

the messy coding, errors in the codes, links are full of errors"

are totally incorrect, there are no errors and links do not apply. Not sure what you/they have been looking at, certainly not the V3 skin sdk

If a third-party developer is having problems using the tools Max has provided, I wonder why have they not posted their issues in the development forum set up for them?

Andre

I suspect they have been using the Poweramp v2 sdk which is no longer appropriate to use against Poweramp v3. Any skin developer worth his salt should be able to reproduce/migrate any legacy skins for Poweramp v3. They have all the resources etc. And their learning curve will certainly not be as steep as mine

Could not resist...

All that money spent on skins, flushed down the toilet bc they cannot update  their v2 skins 

Similarly, I have a lots of vhs tapes which cost a lot of money but they are useless with the new technology....