When "keep screen on" is enabled, app FORCES the screen back on if manually turned off.

Wafflesia

If I turn the screen off while Poweramp is the active app, it will turn the screen back on, and then remain on forever, draining battery lkke crazy. "keep screen on" does not mean "wrest control from the user entirely and turn the screen on when it is off". This bug is enough to make me regret buying this app. 

1 hour ago, Wafflesia said:

If I turn the screen off while Poweramp is the active app, it will turn the screen back on, and then remain on forever, draining battery lkke crazy. "keep screen on" does not mean "wrest control from the user entirely and turn the screen on when it is off". This bug is enough to make me regret buying this app. 

You could try around with some settings :

Settings > Lock Screen > Show On Lock Screen

Settings > Misc > Use Wakelock

Settings > Misc > Keep Service

I don't think PA turns the screen back on by itself, but if anything else does then the screen won't turn off afterwards.

Although to be honest, if you decide to select the "keep screen on" option, I would rather expect that is what should happen. If you don't want it, just turn the option off.

Andre

On 3/15/2019 at 3:48 AM, andrewilley said:

Although to be honest, if you decide to select the "keep screen on" option, I would rather expect that is what should happen. If you don't want it, just turn the option off.

Completely agree.

I do want it kept on. But I don't want it TO TURN ITSELF BACK ON WHEN I TURN IT OFF. Staying on and turning on are two different concepts. Saying "why did you turn the light on if you didn't want it turning back on when you turned it off?" would be pretty stupid, don't you think? I want it on when I turn it on and off when I turn it off. I don't want it to have the power to turn itself on! 

10 hours ago, Wafflesia said:

Then I want the app to minimize when I turn the screen off. 

No other app I use mimics this behavior. I turn the screen off and it stays off. 

Why not uncheck Settings > Look and Feel > Keep Screen On then ?

You are aware of the fact that the music keeps playing whether the graphical user interface is shown or not ?

Archived