Poweramp
Drobertsobx

Playlist import

Hi, 

I just Switched from Stelio to your app. Stelio saved my playlists as .pla files. I have a bunch of them and would like to import them into Power Amp. Is there any way to do that? 

Thanks in advance 

Don

Unless something has changed in recent versions, .PLA files are not supported by Poweramp. To check, you could try copying one such file over to a folder that is on Poweramp's scannable Music Folders list. If it understands the format, it will be scanned automatically.

If your Android device can recognise them though (i.e. they show up in the native stock music app) then Poweramp can import from that Android database using Settings > Library > Import System Playlists.

Andre

Thank you for the reply. I did add my playlists folder on my SD, it can't read them I guess. Putting it on the wish list. 

Might be better to convert the playlists to regular M3U files. At their simplest, they are just text files with each path/filename listed on a separate line. I'm sure there are convertors out there.

Andre

I found that .pla playlists are a strange beast. There is no content, yet a playlist somehow exists. It appears to be a file that somehow knows the byte locations of tracks etc. I never found sufficient technical  information to try and develop with them.