Poweramp
Lerayne

What's the best (and not expensive) hi-res player to use with Poweramp hi-res output?

Hi people!

Does anyone use Poweramp with a standalone Hi-res android player? I mean - with PA hi-res output available? I recently visited audio store and managed to convince the consultant to install PA on some players of a lower price category (around 200-300 USD, I think one of them was a FiiO X5 or M7). None of them appeared to support hi-res output. Is there a well-known good combination?

1 hour ago, Lerayne said:

Hi people!

Does anyone use Poweramp with a standalone Hi-res android player? I mean - with PA hi-res output available? I recently visited audio store and managed to convince the consultant to install PA on some players of a lower price category (around 200-300 USD, I think one of them was a FiiO X5 or M7). None of them appeared to support hi-res output. Is there a well-known good combination?

Probably not what you want to hear - but my Samsung S7 SM-G930F with Exynos chipset and Android Oreo does quite well. If you don't put in a SIM card you've got a standalone  player 😀 that supports a lot of sample frequencies. And as far as I can tell the DAC is okay. Has anybody evidence to the contrary ?

2132019193315.jpg

2132019193853.jpg

I guess some of the stand-alone hardware products offer more physical button controls without having to wake the touch-screen though.

Andre

@blaubär You'll laugh but that's exactly a phone I'm using now)) But I'm gonna upgrade and newer Samsung phones seem to have problems with hi-res. I don't want to carry two large phones with me all the time, so I started looking for a small replacement