Trouble with ip3 tags on FLAC-files.

Lenny

Hi, all

I have some problem with ID3 tags.

What we have: Complete album which created similar software, but ID3 of some files does not recognize by the player.  Tried to tap re-scan. Both files playes successful. The version is last Beta.

OK.png

problem.png

From your screen snips I can't tell what the file type is or the ID3 tag version number. I've seen cases where a file had multiple ID3 tag versions present that caused players to have problems with the tag processing when the music files are scanned. You can use MP3Tag to see if your files have multiple tag versions present and you can also fix the files so that there is only one version of the ID3 tags present.

From the title of the thread, it looks like you are talking about FLAC files, not MP3?  And I assume that "IP3" was a typo for ID3? Regardless, FLACs don't generally use ID3 tags anyway, they use Vorbis tags.

Please could you post screenshots of what PA shows in its Info/Tags display for those same two files? Also, try a Full Rescan in PA too, and if that does not help (and if you don't mind having to restore settings and internal playlists) deleting PA's app data and letting it start from scratch.

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

From the title of the thread, it looks like you are talking about FLAC files, not MP3?  And I assume that "IP3" was a typo for ID3? Regardless, FLACs don't generally use ID3 tags anyway, they use Vorbis tags.

Please could you post screenshots of what PA shows in its Info/Tags display for those same two files? Also, try a Full Rescan in PA too, and if that does not help (and if you don't mind having to restore settings and internal playlists) deleting PA's app data and letting it start from scratch.

Andre

Yes, I meant ID3. Here are screenshots of PA windows

ok2.jpg

problem2.jpg

13 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

From your screen snips I can't tell what the file type is or the ID3 tag version number. I've seen cases where a file had multiple ID3 tag versions present that caused players to have problems with the tag processing when the music files are scanned. You can use MP3Tag to see if your files have multiple tag versions present and you can also fix the files so that there is only one version of the ID3 tags present. 

I don't see any difference between tags, here are screenshots of mp3tag windows.

ok1.PNG

problem1.PNG

Apart from one item which seems to duplicate another file anyway, all that your CUE file seems to do is point to existing FLAC or WAV files which would load on their own anyway. Why would you put it there in the first place, as long as each separate song file is tagged correctly these doesn't seem any point? (You didn't mention CUE files at all to start with, hence no-one referred to them).

Andre

Archived