Opening player with nothing playing/queued shows track in currently playing bar and scrobbles a play

chrisarchitect

When I open the app with no current playlist/track it always shows a track down in the 'currently playing' bar, as if it's queued or playing. Always one of two tracks, almost looks like either the first in All Songs alphabetically, or another one which maaaybe is the first in alphabetical filesystem folder hierarchy? I dunno

This isn't a major problem on its own other than the currently playing bar showing something when nothing is queued/playing.

But it also triggers a 'play' of that tune -- evidenced by the 'Most Played' stats racking up counts for the one song -- and also in my SimpleFM scrobbler app, a play is logged. It's the stats being out of wack I'd rather not have to worry about

Weird/known issue?

There is always a track and category that is considered 'current', even if that track is paused or stopped. Otherwise what would the Play button do if you pressed it? Normally this would be your last-played track (PA remembers where you left off) but if that can't be found for any reason, the default would be the first song in All Songs mode.

It should not however trigger a new play count (or scrobble count) unless you actually press Play for the track (or have Auto-play on Start enabled). 

Andre

1 hour ago, chrisarchitect said:

but what's with the play count increment? Strange. One tune is now top of my most played and I've hardly listened to it (not pressing play, not doing anything, just opening PA)

One for @maxmp I think. If you don't press Play, the recently-played counter should not get incremented. 

Andre

Archived