Hi-Res not working on LG V10 Nougat

Arcor

Poweramp always fails to output in Hi-Res when trying to play anything on my LG V10 after my sister updated it to 7.0. The option to turn it on is there, but it always shows that OpenSL is active even when the Wired Headset option is turned on under Hi-Res.

I'm on the latest version and build.

Is there a workaround for this other than downgrading my firmware? 

received_395237037876906.png

received_247796396160336.png

received_291052121573662.png

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, high-res output is still very clearly an Experimental feature, and Max has already said that some versions of Android make it harder to implement than others, and some don't appear to allow for it at all (very much ROM/firmware dependent). Please ensure you post in the high-res requests thread, which is a sticky in the v3 subforum, too.

Andre

3 hours ago, NickIst said:

@andrewilley Is it neccessary to post in the high-res thread if my phone had high-res before and after the Android update it doesn't have it?

Especially so, yes. Otherwise the assumption would be that it is still working. Although Pie seems to have broken full high-res features on a lot of devices.

Andre

On 3/15/2019 at 4:56 PM, andrewilley said:

Unfortunately, high-res output is still very clearly an Experimental feature, and Max has already said that some versions of Android make it harder to implement than others, and some don't appear to allow for it at all (very much ROM/firmware dependent). Please ensure you post in the high-res requests thread, which is a sticky in the v3 subforum, too.

Andre

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to post on the request thread about this. :)

On 3/20/2019 at 5:33 AM, maxmp said:

I have V10 and Hi-Res works fine on it, though, the last available OTA ROM for it is 6.0.

Mine somehow went up to 7.0 and i can't seem to find any way to downgrade it back.

54799864_370739326852195_301047833309269

Archived