UI help

danbowski

I was automatically upgraded today (which I hate). Two questions:

1. I have the library open, with "all songs", "artists", "recently added", etc. I want to open (for example) ARTISTS ---> AC/DC ---> BACK IN BLACK ---> HELL'S BELLS. The song starts playing, no problem. But I want to press the back button on my phone and do it exactly in reverse of how I got there: HELL'S BELLS <--- BACK IN BLACK <--- AC/DC <--- ARTISTS. How can I do this? The only two ways I can see when I go into the UI menu are that the back button either collapses it, or goes back to the library. 

2. Is there a way to remove the annoying verticals bars that scroll behind the play, FF, rewind buttons?

47 minutes ago, danbowski said:

Is there a way to remove the annoying verticals bars that scroll behind the play, FF, rewind buttons?

It's called the "waveseek bar", quite useful and nice once you've got used to it, and can be changed via Settings > Look and Feel > Skin > Seekbar Style .

There are other skins that have further options, look for "Poweramp V3 Skin" in Playstore.

2 hours ago, danbowski said:

I have the library open, with "all songs", "artists", "recently added", etc. I want to open (for example) ARTISTS ---> AC/DC ---> BACK IN BLACK ---> HELL'S BELLS. The song starts playing, no problem. But I want to press the back button on my phone and do it exactly in reverse of how I got there: HELL'S BELLS <--- BACK IN BLACK <--- AC/DC <--- ARTISTS. How can I do this? The only two ways I can see when I go into the UI menu are that the back button either collapses it, or goes back to the library. 

When you tap the song to let it play the player automatically switches to the main playing screen. Tapping on the Album Art there will bring you back to the list view.

You can disable the switch to the main playing screen via Settings > Library > Lists > List Item Click Action.

10 hours ago, blaubär said:

It's called the "waveseek bar", quite useful and nice once you've got used to it, and can be changed via Settings > Look and Feel > Skin > Seekbar Style .

There are other skins that have further options, look for "Poweramp V3 Skin" in Playstore.

Ah, thanks! But I tried what you said, and it doesn't work. It's set to default, and I tried the other two options ("static seekbar" and "simple seekbar"), but there was no change. I tried closing it completely, but there was still no change.

What is the benefit of this waveseek bar?

39 minutes ago, danbowski said:

Ah, thanks! But I tried what you said, and it doesn't work. It's set to default, and I tried the other two options ("static seekbar" and "simple seekbar"), but there was no change. I tried closing it completely, but there was still no change.

What is the benefit of this waveseek bar?

You'll have to work with the settings of the skin that you chose as active skin. Could you provide screenshots showing your skin settings?

Both waveseek bar and static seekbar can be used to navigate in the currently playing song.

You can shift the waveseek bar and position by tapping into the static seekbar.

The simple seekbar is just a slider.

1192019201448.jpg

1192019201710.jpg

1192019201626.jpg

1192019201823.jpg

52 minutes ago, blaubär said:

You'll have to work with the settings of the skin that you chose as active skin. Could you provide screenshots showing your skin settings?

Both waveseek bar and static seekbar can be used to navigate in the currently playing song.

You can shift the waveseek bar and position by tapping into the static seekbar.

The simple seekbar is just a slider.

1192019201448.jpg

1192019201710.jpg

1192019201626.jpg

1192019201823.jpg

Ah, I got it now! I wanted it the third way (simple seekbar), but it wasn't accepting the changes when I was trying it before. I finally got everything to look the way I want it to look. Thanks again!

12 hours ago, blaubär said:

When you tap the song to let it play the player automatically switches to the main playing screen. Tapping on the Album Art there will bring you back to the list view.

You can disable the switch to the main playing screen via Settings > Library > Lists > List Item Click Action.

Yep, that works! Ugh, it's gonna take some time to get used to tapping the album art instead of the back button, which is what I've been doing for three years. Thanks!

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

And to return to the library list view from the player screen, just tap on the album artwork area. You will be shown the currently playing song in the middle of the list, and you can use the Back button to go back up the Album, Artist, etc levels.

Andre

Yep, that works! Ugh, it's gonna take some time to get used to tapping the album art instead of the back button, which is what I've been doing for three years. Thanks!

13 hours ago, danbowski said:

it's gonna take some time to get used to tapping the album art instead of the back button, which is what I've been doing for three years.

The Back button's default behaviour from the main player screen has always been to exit the app, as it is the app's startup screen so normally it would also be the exitable screen. That goes right back to the earliest versions of PA, and is pretty-much default Android app behaviour.

However you might have altered that function in the past to make the Library screen your main startup view, which means using the Back button in the Player screen goes back to the Library view. You can still do this with v3 if you want - Settings > Look and Feel > Start at Library. 

Andre

Archived