Turning off Visualizations

theandies

• 1 month later...

Guys, Your developers need to be aware that the Visualisation stuff is damn dangerous. My partner has Vertigo and some of the Visualisation patterns make her vomit. Also for people who suffer Epilepsy, it could trigger a seizure.  Please make this turned off as a default. I work at a hospital where we have banned this app. 

7 hours ago, maxmp said:

I have plans to assign actions to these buttons (at least 2 - vis / sleep buttons), so it will be possible either to disable them completely or put some other actions there (e.g. chromecast button, etc.)

it's disabled by default.

Great idea Max! I was wondering a bit about that new Chromecast icon location, as it could be seen as adding another extra object over the artwork which never seems to go down well with the userbase. Making that and a few other icons (the current Vis and Sleep buttons being perfect choices) user-definable - and even hideable, for the minimalists - is a perfect solution for everyone's needs. It might even be worth starting a thread asking for suggestions as to what options people would like to be able to choose from, and then pick the top 10 or 12 from the thread to implement in the list?

While you are creating such as configuration menu option, would be possible to add a few choices for the basic swipe/tap actions on the artwork area too, as that has also been a much requested feature - allowing some limited user choice as to what the left/right/up/down gestures do, along with single tap and long-press actions. Might be a bit more complicated to implement given the animation features though, but using up/down for list changing seems an obvious choice to restore from the v2 interface, as does the ability to disable them if people prefer buttons.

Thanks for making the visualisation feature disabled by default now too. As you know, there were a few "rather vocal" ;) comments asking how to turn it off when the initial Play Store roll-out to v3 took place. 

Andre

21 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

While you are creating such as configuration menu option, would be possible to add a few choices for the basic swipe/tap actions on the artwork area too, as that has also been a much requested feature

@maxmpAnd while you're at the artwork, could you add the promised zoom levels ? A lot of users would be happy if they could resize the art.

Archived