Poweramp
otnp

Multiple Artists

Hi,

As of now, for Genres, if for example a song is tagged as "Hard Rock;Heavy Metal", it will appear under both in the genre category. Is It possible to do the same for multiple artists, for example songs labelled with "Method Man;Redman" would appear under both artists ?

Thank you

10 minutes ago, otnp said:

Hi,

As of now, for Genres, if for example a song is tagged as "Hard Rock;Heavy Metal", it will appear under both in the genre category. Is It possible to do the same for multiple artists, for example songs labelled with "Method Man;Redman" would appear under both artists ?

Thank you

There have been discussions about this :

So I think this should be possible :

"And in tags which can have multiple entries (such as Artist, Genre, etc) the separator should be "//" or ";". "

Edited by blaubär

I tried below characters as separator in artist field of mp3 file, none of them are considered as separator in Poweramp.

;

/

//

I use itunes on PC, I'm looking for that character which will be taken as separator both in itunes and Poweramp.

Any thoght?

As far as I know the only field that currently supports multiple entries is the Genre tag and I believe both semi-colon ";" and double slash "//" work as separators. There are some other requests to have the Artist tag also support multiple artists.

If and when separators are supported in the Artist field, I would expect ";" or "//" to be used. A simple "/" would mess up artists like AC/DC.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

If and when separators are supported in the Artist field, I would expect ";" or "//" to be used. A simple "/" would mess up artists like AC/DC.

Andre

Hi,

Does the current Poweramp support multiple artist separation? Yesterday I tried with those characters you mentioned; it was not detecting.

31 minutes ago, tdas777 said:

Does the current Poweramp support multiple artist separation? Yesterday I tried with those characters you mentioned; it was not detecting.

Currently that is not supported.

59 minutes ago, tdas777 said:

Does the current Poweramp support multiple artist separation? 

No, I did say "if and when", indicating it is not currently supported.

Andre