Skin to look like older version

Suntonk

So i recently upgraded my phone. i re-downloaded Poweramp and i Severely dislike the new UI.
are there any skins to revert it back to the previous versions.
if so how do i install it since i cant find any articles on how to install skins

19 minutes ago, Suntonk said:

So i recently upgraded my phone. i re-downloaded Poweramp and i Severely dislike the new UI.
if so how do i install it since i cant find any articles on how to install skins

Some general helpful hints can be found at

Short :

you can manually download the old version and prevent automatic updates if you so wish

Skins can be found in the play store, look for "Poweramp v3 skin".

i tried the version 2 

6 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Short :

you can manually download the old version and prevent automatic updates if you so wish

Skins can be found in the play store, look for "Poweramp v3 skin", more information here :

https://forum.powerampapp.com/forum/23-skins-and-themes/

i tried the read fist solution but whenever i try to use the file in my phone it says "app not installed. The package appears to be corrupted"

7 minutes ago, Suntonk said:

i tried the version 2 

i tried the read fist solution but whenever i try to use the file in my phone it says "app not installed. The package appears to be corrupted"

You mean you downloaded the last V2 build 588 and it failed to install ? Could you provide screenshot that shows exactly what file you tried to install and what error message you got ?

16 minutes ago, blaubär said:

You mean you downloaded the last V2 build 588 and it failed to install ? Could you provide screenshot that shows exactly what file you tried to install and what error message you got ?

i went to this on my phone. i downloaded the file. i activated it in my file browser on my phone and got the message 

app not installed the package appears to be corrupt"

1 hour ago, Suntonk said:

Funny you post this when the newest thread to the forum under yours is for the Classic Skin.   Yaps Classic.   

I'll leave this here as it was mainly about skins.

@Suntonk . How did you download the v2 file? All that should be needed is to download the 588 .apk file from the link above, transfer it to your phone (if you didn't download it there in the first place) and then run it in a File Explorer app (any one will do, even the stock one provided with the phone. Best not to try it from a web browser though, as results are not very consistent that way). You may need to enable installing from "unknown sources" first though, as the default setting on most devices is to only allow installs from the Play Store.

Please be aware that v2 is no longer a current or support product though, so you will be stuck with 4-year old features and you may have issues as newer versions of Android come along. See https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/16240-how-to-continue-using-poweramp-v2-rather-than-the-newer-v3/ .

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I'll leave this here as it was mainly about skins.

@Suntonk . How did you download the v2 file? All that should be needed is to download the 588 .apk file from the link above, transfer it to your phone (if you didn't download it there in the first place) and then run it in a File Explorer app (any one will do, even the stock one provided with the phone. Best not to try it from a web browser though, as results are not very consistent that way). You may need to enable installing from "unknown sources" first though, as the default setting on most devices is to only allow installs from the Play Store.

Please be aware that v2 is no longer a current or support product though, so you will be stuck with 4-year old features and you may have issues as newer versions of Android come along. See https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/16240-how-to-continue-using-Poweramp-v2-rather-than-the-newer-v3/ .

Andre

i did exactly that, i still get the same message

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 6:17 AM, blaubär said:

Short :

Skins can be found in the play store, look for "Poweramp v3 skin".

I found exactly ZERO "helpful hints". "There's a learning curve" which essentially means, you're on your own. That is NOT helpful.  Some sort of guide or features or "How to" would actually be helpful.

3 minutes ago, Ronald Harvey said:

I found exactly ZERO "helpful hints".

The hints asked for were about how to revert to v2 as they OP did not like the v3 interface. That is covered in that post.

For other v3 usage hints as you go along, tap Menu > Help and you should see some on-screen tips showing what the new icons do. If you have any specific questions though, ask away...

Andre

Archived