Android Auto: No album art and music playing issue.

psionix

Submitted the form.

Not sure if this is a bug.

When playing through Android Auto, I do not see album art like I would see if I play Google Play Music on Android Auto.

Next, when playing Poweramp though Android Auto, after car is switched off, the music continued playing through phone speakers instead of stopping. Can we have the music auto stop playing once Android Auto is disconnected or once car is switched off instead of continue playing through phone speakers?

50 minutes ago, shmykelsa said:

Dear @psionix

unfortunately, I can't reproduce this bug, but you are more than welcome to discuss about it in my thread ;)

Oh so you were able to see album art when you select the 4th icon which looks like the headphone while in Android Auto?

2 hours ago, shmykelsa said:

Yes I can

Ok solved my no album art issue by clearing Poweramp app data and re-scan and re-setup the settings again.

For the music still playing through phone speakers after disconnecting Android Auto, I set a Command intent 14 upon Android Auto disconnection within Tasker to go around the problem.

1 hour ago, psionix said:

Ok solved my no album art issue by clearing Poweramp app data and re-scan and re-setup the settings again.

For the music still playing through phone speakers after disconnecting Android Auto, I set a Command intent 14 upon Android Auto disconnection within Tasker to go around the problem.

That's an easy & effective workaround! Just reproduced it with a macro on Macrodroid. Excellent! Thanks for the tip

(though I think this bug should be addressed anyways)

Now I'm starting seeing this Album Art issue @psionix, and now I realize why I wasn't affected before.

Basically (in my case) album art is not shown unless I unlock the screen. 

Before, I had a thing that kept my screen on. Now that I've deactivated it, I can see a black baground is on all the time, but I discovered that unlocking the screen (I can't actually tell if I also unlock the whole phone, I have to try again) actually makes the album art pop up. So yeah, I'll definitely add this as a bug. 

Archived