Shuffle keeps turning itself on

timewalker

Hey all,

I have Poweramp installed on my Atoto A6 car head unit. V2 worked fine, for the most part. But ever since updating to V3, Shuffle will turn itself on almost every time I start the car. At first I thought maybe my wife was accidentally turning it on, but I witnessed it myself over the weekend. I would turn the car on, and David Bowie would shuffle to a random song in the album. I would turn Shuffle off, and everything would be fine, until we would park the car and get back in in a few minutes. Then, Shuffle would be back on again. Sure, this is ok for a greatest hits album, but it's really annoying for a live album and positively confusing for an audio book. 

Has anyone encountered this behavior? Search didn't turn anything up. 

2 hours ago, timewalker said:

Hey all,

I have Poweramp installed on my Atoto A6 car head unit. V2 worked fine, for the most part. But ever since updating to V3, Shuffle will turn itself on almost every time I start the car. At first I thought maybe my wife was accidentally turning it on, but I witnessed it myself over the weekend. I would turn the car on, and David Bowie would shuffle to a random song in the album. I would turn Shuffle off, and everything would be fine, until we would park the car and get back in in a few minutes. Then, Shuffle would be back on again. Sure, this is ok for a greatest hits album, but it's really annoying for a live album and positively confusing for an audio book. 

Has anyone encountered this behavior? Search didn't turn anything up. 

Maybe Poweramp gets shut down before it can save its internal state. Can you shut it down manually before you shut down the car ?

3 hours ago, blaubär said:

Maybe Poweramp gets shut down before it can save its internal state.

I would bet on that too, the Shuffle status (along with any other changed settings) should stay set when you exit and restart the app properly, until you select a new Shuffle mode.

Andre

Ok, thanks for the replies.

1. How would I shut down PA? Go into settings every time I turn the car off and Force Stop?

and

2. Why on Earth would it default to Shuffle being turned on? I mean if it doesn't save an internal state, shouldn't the default be to just play an album in order?

It's already frustrating when PA doesn't see my USB drive immediately after powering on, and decides to refresh the entire database instead of waiting a minute or so and checking again. (That happens about once a week.) Otherwise, I love the app, as it's one of the few music players that will see the external flash drive at all. 

5 minutes ago, timewalker said:

2. Why on Earth would it default to Shuffle being turned on? I mean if it doesn't save an internal state, shouldn't the default be to just play an album in order?

Perhaps because that's the state of things that's stored, for whatever reason.

Another thought:  can you enable or disable any energy optimizations per app ?

It's not Android Auto (the app that allows Android phones to be used easily through certain head units). It's a full Android system as a car stereo. Basically, a tablet with an amp.

https://www.amazon.com/ATOTO-Android-Navigation-Stereo-Bluetooth/dp/B077JLY24S 

Unlike most, it has a Quick Start feature which allows a 2 second boot up time, so I assume an onboard battery (or the Aux power) keeps most programs in a standby state while the engine is off. 

I will look for energy optimizations.

I know in the V2 build when I first installed it, it would never remember the library after a reboot. Some searching led to someone else with the problem and had me check and see if it was installed to the SD card. It was. I had not chosen that and it was the only program that was installed there, so there is a history of PA doing its own thing. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived