Sort songs by multiple specification

Rezian

I need something like when I sort my song in folders with 'track' and system get none track from songs, it will be sort by 'filename'. I know it is possible to do but I'm not sure to be apply. Can you make this on next release? And, can you make each folder has it's own configuration about sorting?

5 minutes ago, Rezian said:

I need something like when I sort my song in folders with 'track' and system get none track from songs, it will be sort by 'filename'. I know it is possible to do but I'm not sure to be apply. Can you make this on next release? And, can you make each folder has it's own configuration about sorting?

It might be easier to properly maintain the tags. The track number is a pretty basic tag, so you'll do yourself a favour if you make sure all songs get a proper one.

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Do you mean, you want to control the additional fields for sorting? (As for e.g. track # there is a secondary sorting by song title) While this is technically easily possible, the problem here is an UI for end user.

It will be a good chance if it can be added dto next release.  But for me, the main thing I need is if I choose to sort by 'track' and no track number found in all songs--or only some song which has track number--then it will sort by 'filename' and sorting by 'track'  will be ignored

I thought that if no track number was given in a file's tags, Poweramp looked at the first few characters of the filename in order to try to build a track number from there instead?

By the way Max, I thought that disc number was now recognised too, but I just did a check and it doesn't seem to be. If Track# has been selected as the sorting method, PA should look to see if a disc number is present and apply sorting by disc# first, then track# (so you get Disc 1 tracks 1-10, then Disc 2 tracks 1-10, etc). I don't think this even needs to be a user-visible option, just a background feature improvement,  as I can't think of any reason why anyone would ever prefer the order to be otherwise (Disc 1 Track 1 > Disc 2 Track 1 > Disc 1 Track 2 > Disc 2 Track 2 > etc makes no sense at all).

Andre

You can sort by Track# in multiple categories, although it probably wouldn't make much sense trying in things like All Songs, as you'd get all songs that are Track 1 from their own album first, then all the Track 2s, etc.

Playlists don't have an output Sort Order option as such, as they are ordered by the way you place them into the list and later move them around (although you can re-sort Playlists, that is a permantent reordering of the list rather than just an output sequence choice).

Andre

Archived