Jump to content
Poweramp
Sign in to follow this  
G_man

Spectrum analyzer

Recommended Posts

Hi. I'm just new in the forum and was browsing to different articles but can't seem to find a topic in which I can ask on how to add color to the spectrum analyzer on my Poweramp. Can you please teach me on how to do it?

Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, G_man said:

Hi. I'm just new in the forum and was browsing to different articles but can't seem to find a topic in which I can ask on how to add color to the spectrum analyzer on my Poweramp. Can you please teach me on how to do it?

Thanks in advance. 

There is no spectrum analyzer in Poweramp.

There are visualizations on the main play screen, some of which show parts of the spectrum. You can look for milkdrop-presets and add them to Poweramp, search here in the forum how to do that.

Then there is a special visualization on the equalizer screen, which can be switched on or off, but not otherwise customized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blaubär said:

There is no spectrum analyzer in Poweramp.

There are visualizations on the main play screen, some of which show parts of the spectrum. You can look for milkdrop-presets and add them to Poweramp, search here in the forum how to do that.

Then there is a special visualization on the equalizer screen, which can be switched on or off, but not otherwise customized.

Oh sorry about the confusion but I was pertaining to a visualisation while playing music. It has different spectrum line bar graph and other design but mine is just plain white. Saw from other post that they have colorful visualizations. Is there another topic in which I can read for more info?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, G_man said:

I was pertaining to a visualisation while playing music. It has different spectrum line bar graph and other design but mine is just plain white. Saw from other post that they have colorful visualizations. Is there another topic in which I can read for more info?

You can change the visualization on the main playing screen. Switch it on with the button left below the album art, then when music is playing, a visualization bar appears above the  album art. There you can choose from the available presets. There are loads of coloful visualizations available. Also see Settings > Visualization for customization options.

The visualization on the equalizer screen also is active while playing music, but cannot be changed, only switch on or off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, blaubär said:

You can change the visualization on the main playing screen. Switch it on with the button left below the album art, then when music is playing, a visualization bar appears above the  album art. There you can choose from the available presets. There are loads of coloful visualizations available. Also see Settings > Visualization for customization options.

The visualization on the equalizer screen also is active while playing music, but cannot be changed, only switch on or off.

Hi blaubar, already looked at the option but cant seem to find a spectrum with colors. Is this something that I need to buy? The other visualizations are nice but I'm using Poweramp on the car and would like just something simple yet colorful. I could take a picture of the spectrum if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, G_man said:

Hi blaubar, already looked at the option but cant seem to find a spectrum with colors. Is this something that I need to buy? The other visualizations are nice but I'm using Poweramp on the car and would like just something simple yet colorful. I could take a picture of the spectrum if you want.

Generally speaking you can add your own milkdrop presets. Meaning, look for one that suits you, put it into the directory Android / data / _com.maxmpz.audioplayer / milk_presets, then go to Settings > Visualization and invoke "Rescan Presets".

Does anybody already know of a "spectrum with colors" ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Generally speaking you can add your own milkdrop presets. Meaning, look for one that suits you, put it into the directory Android / data / _com.maxmpz.audioplayer / milk_presets, then go to Settings > Visualization and invoke "Rescan Presets".

Does anybody already know of a "spectrum with colors" ?

Not really sure but it's just my idea. Will ask the other guys in this forum if they can make it. But anyway thanks again😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, maxmp said:

It’s possible via creating own preset(s), but there is no preset authoring/dev. tools in PA currently (https://github.com/maxmpz/powerampapi/blob/master/poweramp_vis_presets_example/readme.md - it’s not necessary to create APK, just simple .milk files can be added).

Thanks maxmp. But the developers of this tool can make it possible, right?😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, G_man said:

Thanks maxmp. But the developers of this tool can make it possible, right?😊

There are no developers of this tool (it was the visualisation format of the old WinAmp PC audio player) and it's up to third-parties to make their own milkdrop presets and share them.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

There are no developers of this tool (it was the visualisation format of the old WinAmp PC audio player) and it's up to third-parties to make their own milkdrop presets and share them.

Andre

Thanks Andre for the clarification. Appreciate it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked at different topics and found this on developers area. Not sure if this can be added as an option on equalizer, spectrum and on seek bar while playing music. It would be best if you can also have an option on what color you would want to use (plain or mix).

Screenshot_20190201-030352_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×