Poweramp Build 820

maxmp

On 2/18/2019 at 7:42 PM, andrewilley said:

For some people it seem to be the Preload for Gapless Tracks that causes this issue, try setting that to zero too.

Andre 

That fixed it, thank you! I did have to reboot the phone, but it 100% worked. And I tested for gapless still working, and it was. :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I think I already made a thread or two about this: v3 is unavailable from the play store on my phone, Asus Zenfone 2 (tested on stock rom android 6 and custom rom android 7). However, after I had installed the custom rom, I was able to install the latest Poweramp build via the apk from this forum. The installation from apk used to fail on stock rom. Now it works just fine. Play store is trying to "update" Poweramp back to v2, as it probably thinks that is the latest version I should be using.

Well, I don't really know whether this info is good for anything, but I wanted to share this. So if you can't get the update from the store, although your device should be able to run it, you might try to get it from here. 

PS. v3 is awesome! 

Hello, 

I am trying to use automation with Poweramp. The purpose is to be able to launch a selected playlist in shuffle when a particular bluetooth is connected (for using with my bluetooth alarm clock). 

Thanks to the new function, I created a shortcut for this playlist and selected shuffle. The shortcut is working correctly in itself, although not always starting Play. 

My issue is when i try to use automation. I tried with Automate and Tasker. Both apps can see the shortcut in list but fail to properly launch it. Automate reopens the list/shuffle selection each time, thus not starting anything. Tasker gives me an error message saying that the shortcut is not properly implemented using Android APIs. 

Do you know of way to get this working? Would it be better once i get Android Pie? 

I am using Poweramp beta build 820 on Exynos Galaxy S8 G950F, Oreo 8.0. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Menelas said:

Working hard on Chromecast support we can guess...

Ah ok. Cool.

He also mentioned a while back something about a "Pro" skin. He might be working on that too.

5 hours ago, blaubär said:

Or relaxing on the Maldives ... 😀

On 2/18/2019 at 8:48 AM, griff said:

Thanks, I already have crossfades disabled or set to lowest values. Just had another instance of the last song on an album cutting short. It's more like 3 whole seconds being cut short. :(

I have exactly the same problem when I set the pre-load next track to more than 0. It cuts off the end of the songs. However, if I disable the pre-load, songs are not gapless and I hear a short pause when it switches to the next song.

Samsung S4 (don't judge), running Android 5.0.1

Loving the new UI, but one thing I noticed is that I can no longer see the volume bar (Samsung's) when I adjust it.

I also noticed when V3 was installed it blew out several albums randomly. No biggie, I just added them back in, although I don't know if I caught all of the deleted files.

4 hours ago, Splungeworthy said:

I also noticed when V3 was installed it blew out several albums randomly. No biggie, I just added them back in,

Are you sure they were physically deleted ? Try Settings > Library > Full Rescan perhaps the library got compromised.

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Were these actual physical song files that were deleted, or CUE files or Playlists?

Andre

Actual files-mp3's.  I was very surprised to see this.  They were on the microSD card (not the internal memory), so I suppose there could have been some corruption of the card. There was no rhyme or reason to it.

Archived