Poweramp Build 820

maxmp

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I didn't know larger images broke PA, but I can't honestly see any point in going much larger than 1000px for cover images anyway, you are never going to see that level detail on any portable device.

Andre

I didn't actually know that some of my artwork was of such high resolution until recently. The website that I use to get artwork from usually gives 1500×1500 resolution, sometimes less. Plus, the quality difference is slightly visible on the PC.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am experiencing a strange issue which is repeatable on my phone but not easily. If I enable Crossfade all songs (Every settings in this section is default except enabling Crossfade) then play songs from folder hierarchy/album category (every other categories work just fine) with visualisation on in faded control mode & I changed tracks too fast then the next song is playing but in now playing screen + the mini player shows the previous track & it stays like this all the time until track was finished or I changed song manually then it behaves normally.

Also one thing I want to mention if reset all the visualisation settings to default it's still repeatable like the ui timeout, top panel visibility etc disabling crossfade is the only solution to prevent it.

I got a ROM update few days ago right now it's miui 10.2.3.0 may be that causing this idk because I never used crossfade feature before.

My library is small (2100+) or so & it stored in a Samsung Evo plus class10 card.

Device Redmi note 4, android 7, miui 10.2.3.0 global stable, Poweramp V3 latest beta.

Please note without visualisation crossfade works like a charm and every other music category works just fine only folder hierarchy/album has this issue.

Settings > Library > Lists > Join Albums

What does this option do? I thought it was to join or separate albums with the same title, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Albums with the same title (but different artist) remain separate (which is good) but I'm still wondering how this option works.

On 2/16/2019 at 6:42 PM, SynekPablo said:

Hidizs Sonata HD is a USB Type C to 3.5mm jack adapter with integrated DAC and AMP

Screenshot_20190216_161646.jpg

Screenshot_20190216_161820.jpg

Dear Blaubär,

Here are all the information and screenshots which you have requested later.

But now I would also like to have heard from you something that helps me to solve the problem.

1 hour ago, djdarko said:

What does this option do? I thought it was to join or separate albums with the same title, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Albums with the same title (but different artist) remain separate (which is good) but I'm still wondering how this option works. 

Join albums does what it tells us in the settings : it deals with missing album artist tags.

1232019164843.jpg

32 minutes ago, SynekPablo said:

Dear Blaubär,

Here are all the information and screenshots which you have requested later.

But now I would also like to have heard from you something that helps me to solve the problem. 

You have DVC enabled - did you try to disable it ?

8 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Join albums does what it tells us in the settings : it deals with missing album artist tags.

1232019164843.jpg

I tested the option with both applied and missing artist tags, it had no effect.

Did you personally test it and see some kind of difference?

1 minute ago, djdarko said:

I tested the option with both applied and missing artist tags, it had no effect.

Not the "Artist" tag, it is for the "Album Artist" tag. I believe with this disabled albums that are compilations with different "Artist" for each track will show a separate album for each track if there is no "Album Artist" tag.

Is there any way to remove the second 'skip'  and 'previous' buttons from the player/widget? I find myself accidentally pressing them and it skips to the next genre...or whatever type I am listening to rather than skipping the song as I intended to do.

8 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

Not the "Artist" tag, it is for the "Album Artist" tag. I believe with this disabled albums that are compilations with different "Artist" for each track will show a separate album for each track if there is no "Album Artist" tag.

"Album Artist", that's what I meant. OK, so it's for compilations specifically. Gotcha.

1 hour ago, djdarko said:

Yes, I think I tested it, when V3 came out. Without that all the songs without album artist were shown as unknown artist. Did you do a full rescan after changing this setting ?

1 hour ago, blaubär said:

You have DVC enabled - did you try to disable it ?

Yes, I have already tried all possible settings. The result is always the same when I press Play the track is playing but there is no sound. 

If Poweramp did not recognize the device then I would not care. Because the Sonata HD is easily recognized but for some reason no sound is heard, I assume that maybe it is because of how my Mate RS handles USB type C audio output.

Maybe Max will find a solution and the upcoming updates fix the problem.

The Sonata HD delivers a unique sound quality and the AMP provides the necessary power.

There is nothing comparable in the market.

8 hours ago, Duarian said:

Is there any way to remove the second 'skip'  and 'previous' buttons from the player/widget? I find myself accidentally pressing them and it skips to the next genre...

Only by turning the Pro Buttons feature off and returning to the default buttons setting for the skin (single play/pause button, with swipe-over-artwork used to change tracks). 

Andre

Having an issue with my car stereo and Poweramp.  I've tried changing a few settings, but that's gotten me nowhere.  Anyways, phone is an LG G7 Think and car stereo is an Alpine CDE-HD149BT.  What happens when I want to stream music is, I select Poweramp as the source.  Next, choose album or whichever of the file structure.  Then the stereo says "NO DATA".  Worked before, and I'm baffled.  Hopefully someone might have an "Ah-ha" moment.  Thanks for the help.

6 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Are you attempting to use the phone as a USB attached drive or are you Bluetooth connected pushing music to the stereo or are you using android auto? Not clear what your really doing, please give us some detail.

Oh, sorry.  Yeah, I'm trying to use it as a BT device.  I can make and take phonecalls and send texts, so I know BT is working.  I've tried AVRCP 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6, no difference.  So, I'm sure it's a setting in PA that I'm missing, or can't find.  I hope that helps.

13 hours ago, ZMan2k2 said:

I select Poweramp as the source.  Next, choose album or whichever of the file structure.  Then the stereo says "NO DATA".  Worked before, and I'm baffled.  Hopefully someone might have an "Ah-ha" moment.  Thanks for the help.

So you first connect your phone to your car head-unit via Bluetooth (A2DP), and then select Bluetooth as the source on the car head-unit. Then you find a song in Poweramp's library on your phone and press play. What happens then, do you hear the song on the car speakers or not?

Andre

You press the volume button in, after selecting the Bluetooth input, and it opens, "Album, Artist...etc".  You then press the volume button again, to select album, and "NO DATA" appears.  It is a different phone, but the last one didn't even get this far, so I'm wondering if there's some setting or switch I would have to change, that's all.

What kind of phone? Is this the volume button on the head unit in your car or is it the volume button on the phone? What opens on what device, car head unit or phone? How do you highlight an Album to select it, car head unit or phone?

When my phone is Bluetooth connected to my car (I do not have android auto on my car head unit), once I've selected on the radio that the audio is coming over Bluetooth all actions to select and play music are done on the phone.

On the touchscreen of the phone I select the Poweramp app. I can then go to Library - small 4 square icon bottom left of the Poweramp screen. Select Album or Artists or Genre or whatever. Lets say I select Albums it will then bring up a list of the Albums I've put on the phone. Now I can either tap on an Album which will bring up a listing of the songs on the Album or I can long press on a Album which will bring up a dialog at the bottom of the screen (my preferred method) and then tap Queue which will place the selected Album on the Queue. I can then go to the Now playing screen and tap the play button and the phone will start playing the selected Album over the Bluetooth connection to the car audio head unit.

Please be specific with your actions as to which device you are doing what actions on so that there is some clarity on what's going on.

Okay, I'll see if I can be as explicit as possible.  I do appreciate the guidance, btw.  

Turning on the headunit, you press the "source" button to find the phone, an LG G7.  On the headunit, you press the volume button once, this brings up the title "Poweramp".  Pressing again gives you a menu of "album, artist, playlist...etc".  Pressing the volume button on the headunit brings up the "NO DATA" message.  It may very well be that this phone doesn't work over Bluetooth like I would like it to, as I tried the stock player with the same results.

2 hours ago, ZMan2k2 said:

Pressing again gives you a menu of "album, artist, playlist...etc".  Pressing the volume button on the headunit brings up the "NO DATA" message.  It may very well be that this phone doesn't work over Bluetooth like I would like it to, as I tried the stock player with the same results.

Normally, Bluetooth simply acts as an output device (like a headset would) and you don't get menus or lists of phone-stored songs on the head-unit, that all happens on the phone which is doing the actual playback and library work.

If you have Android Auto on your head-unit then that can be used to provide the features you are looking for.

Andre

@ZMan2k2 Thanks for all the info. From what you've posted it sounds like your head unit is using android auto to control PA. Since I don't have android auto I can only help with old school PA Bluetooth to a car stereo that allows the app (Poweramp) to "push" to the stereo head unit. Sounds like with android auto the head unit "pulls" from Poweramp. If your head unit is capable to just connect to your phone and then do all the control of Poweramp from the phone it might work. I'll be no help with android auto.

Archived