Poweramp Build 820

maxmp

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, NEON said:

Just like player cut down some voice.

Sorry, still no clearer.

You seem to be saying something about audio no sounding right during vocals? Have you tried different output options (such as high-resolution) in Settings > Audio > Output. You could also try turning the DVC mode off, and also adjusting the equaliser to see if that improves the sound for you.

Andre

There's a thing about the Hidizs Sonata HD cable.

Meanwhile it is recognized by PA, but no sound comes to my headphones.

The Sonata HD reproduces sound at up to 24 bits 192 kHz.

The OpenSL Es HD output specifies the sample rate with 32 bit, that can not be changed.

The AudioTrack output specifies the output at 16 bit 48 kHz. This is not changeable even if Float32 is activated.

When I press play the track is playing but no sound is coming through the headphones.

I have already tried all possible settings but always with the same result.

NO SOUND !!!

My device is a Porsche Design Mate RS with Android Pie.

8 minutes ago, SynekPablo said:

There's a thing about the Hidizs Sonata HD cable. 

Meanwhile it is recognized by PA, but no sound comes to my headphones.

The Sonata HD reproduces sound at up to 24 bits 192 kHz.

The OpenSL Es HD output specifies the sample rate with 32 bit, that can not be changed.

The AudioTrack output specifies the output at 16 bit 48 kHz. This is not changeable even if Float32 is activated.

When I press play the track is playing but no sound is coming through the headphones.

I have already tried all possible settings but always with the same result.

NO SOUND !!!

My device is a Porsche Design Mate RS with Android Pie.

What is this device ? A USB DAC ? What output plugin do you use ? With what settings ? Do you have DVC enabled ? Could we have screenshots of the audio info ?

Hello, some covers are missing, and i can't add them in any way. if i select an image from my internal memory or online, it wont apply.
also artists images are gone.
i can resolve only reinstalling the application or clearing all the app data, but when i reboot the phone the problem keeps coming back

i also did a full rescan, cleared album art cache.. everything i found in the settings

everytime i will import my settings because i don't want to set them up again and again.
all my music is on a 128gb external memory card

phone: honor 8 FRD-L09 with oreo 8.0.0 EMUI 8.0.0. last android patch 1 july 2018

what should i do? is it a bug?

Thanks

140489f4-58ec-46e3-94da-616c347972a0.jfif

e735d4f1-0ab9-471a-b719-b09131246190.jfif

3 minutes ago, Deraik said:

Hello, some covers are missing, and i can't add them in any way.

Are these internal (embedded within files) cover artwork images? A Full Rescan often helps in such cases, and/or  clearing the album-art cache, but if you've done a clear-data and uninstall/reinstall then that should force the same thing.

Andre

59 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Are these internal (embedded within files) cover artwork images? A Full Rescan often helps in such cases, and/or  clearing the album-art cache, but if you've done a clear-data and uninstall/reinstall then that should force the same thing.

Andre

nope, they are not (at least not the first one i tried, there are a lot of albums)

and yes, i also did a full rescan and i cleared cache of album arts. this does nothing. only clearing app data fixes it. until i reboot the phone...

47 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Could you for testing purposes put some music files onto the internal memory ? Does that work better ?

i tried but... in Poweramp i only see the sd card as root (in the phone settings i set up the sd as main memory, but still, i cannot see the new folder i added for the test 😕

EDIT: i did another test.

i cleared app data, then imported my (big) music folder (807 albums right now) and still had trouble adding covers. even without rebooting. then i imported my saved settings and cover arts came back again.

so...
fresh install: some cover arts lost (and i cannot add them anymore)
if i reboot i lose some cover arts (and i cannot add them anymore)
if i reload my settings from the app, they all come back just fine (and i can change them as normal)

1 hour ago, Deraik said:

i tried but... in Poweramp i only see the sd card as root (in the phone settings i set up the sd as main memory, but still, i cannot see the new folder i added for the test 😕

What do you see in Settings > Library > Music Folders ?

1152019143436.jpg

On 2/13/2019 at 8:27 PM, blaubär said:

What is this device ? A USB DAC ? What output plugin do you use ? With what settings ? Do you have DVC enabled ? Could we have screenshots of the audio info ?

Hidizs Sonata HD is a USB Type C to 3.5mm jack adapter with integrated DAC and AMP

Screenshot_20190216_161646.jpg

Screenshot_20190216_161820.jpg

I'm testing some mp3 files with embedded art. But I also have a "cover.jpg" in the folder. However, it seems the embedded art is overriding the higher quality cover.jpg, is there any way to select to prefer the external image over the embedded art?

In the last build 820 there is an annoying bug, when I move a song from the internal memory to the external SD card Poweramp no longer recognizes the tags and the cover. Doing a complete scan it does not help. Someone can help me find a solution

On 2/15/2019 at 5:10 PM, blaubär said:

What do you mean by that ? Your phone surely has and uses memory other than the SD.

Can you eject and remove the SD ? And then try again ?

yeah, EMUI is weird. i can setup the sd card as main memory, but if i do that Poweramp only detects the sd and can't even see the internal memory of the phone. setting up the phone memory as main, and sd card as secondary, seems like the problem is solved. also, i can see both again from the Poweramp menu (image attached)

20dc1aad-d4a9-4d9d-9979-88b2bdfa35b1.jpg

On 2/12/2019 at 3:22 PM, blaubär said:

What have you set in Settings > Audio > Crossfade ? There are known issues with crossfade. Try to disable it completely and see whether this helps.

Thanks, I already have crossfades disabled or set to lowest values. Just had another instance of the last song on an album cutting short. It's more like 3 whole seconds being cut short. :(

On 2/12/2019 at 3:25 PM, blaubär said:

Do you mean switching from the waveseek bar to the simple seek bar ? That is done via skin. See Settings > Look and Feel > Skin.

Or do you want to replace the A-Z scroll with scroll bar in lists ? That would be Settings > Library > Lists > A-Z Scroll.

I meant the simple seek bar. I kind of wish there was a way to have both the simple and the new one. Maybe if the new one showed an overall progress of the song being played it would be cool... 

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, griff said:

Thanks, I already have crossfades disabled or set to lowest values. Just had another instance of the last song on an album cutting short. It's more like 3 whole seconds being cut short. :(

For some people it seem to be the Preload for Gapless Tracks that causes this issue, try setting that to zero too.

Andre 

On 2/17/2019 at 5:43 PM, DJ AJB said:

In the last build 820 there is an annoying bug, when I move a song from the internal memory to the external SD card Poweramp no longer recognizes the tags and the cover. Doing a complete scan it does not help. Someone can help me find a solution

I realized that Poweramp doesn't recognize tags (other than Track title and Album title) and embedded album art, if the album art is of a high resolution like 3000×3000. (I first edit track/album tags and embed album art using Musicbee on the PC, then copy it to my phone.) When I embedded a 1500×1500 cover art using Musicbee, Poweramp was able to read all tags and display album art perfectly. Hope this helps.

All my songs are stored on a micro sd card.

3 hours ago, Arjun J. said:

I realized that Poweramp doesn't recognize tags (other than Track title and Album title) and embedded album art, if the album art is of a high resolution like 3000×3000

I didn't know larger images broke PA, but I can't honestly see any point in going much larger than 1000px for cover images anyway, you are never going to see that level detail on any portable device.

Andre

hello, i noticed something odd. when i play music via bluetooth on my car, i always see the id3 tag of the previous song, and not the actual one playing.  i think it's Poweramp because if i play anything else from the phone, the title is always correct, and for exemple, if i have the issue, and i play a youtube video. i see the correct youtube name on my car, then if i switch to Poweramp i see the correct name from Poweramp. but not if i disconnect from the car and start from Poweramp. in thet case the name is not correct. i remember some kind of options about that on v2, not shure tho. anything i can do? thanks

Archived