Poweramp Build 820

maxmp

4 hours ago, Duarian said:

I've noticed that when pausing the player from the notification itself - the notification stays until manually dismissed. Is this intended?

You can configure this behaviour, in Poweramp Settings > Look and Feel > Notifications.

Andre

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You can configure this behaviour, in Poweramp Settings > Look and Feel > Notifications.

Andre

Hey Andre,

I've already configured it to not 'keep' notification. If you pause from the drop down, it stays no matter what setting you have it on.

Edit: nevermind. It's working properly today. Not sure what was going on..

On 2/2/2019 at 12:32 PM, hypomaniac-eric said:

I bought Poweramp from the play store back in 2012 or so.   I never used to have the random pausing problem till the V3.

It’s unrelated to actual purchase, the source of the APK is. Please be sure you’re using apk from this forum or from Play app. Also the source of Pause command is indicated in settings / Headset/Bluetooth / Last procesed commands.

2 minutes ago, thesleezking said:

Maybe I'm missing the option, but how come when you search an artist and it shows the lost of songs, if i play one of them, it won't let play the next song in the search results, it'll instead play the next alphabetical song from my entire library, rather annoying

That's because the search doesn't set a filter ( it did that in V2, but that was removed ). But you can create a playlist from the search results and play that !

I created a topic on this..but not sure if this is a better place to get responses.

My album on my Bluetooth in my car is showing the duration, file type, and equaliser setting and combining artist+album. Any way to get them to display their actual tags instead of the wrong info in Album?

34 minutes ago, Duarian said:

My album on my Bluetooth in my car is showing the duration, file type, and equaliser setting and combining artist+album. Any way to get them to display their actual tags instead of the wrong info in Album?

Please see posts earlier in this thread on the same subject (a couple of days ago).

Andre

16 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Please see posts earlier in this thread on the same subject (a couple of days ago).

Andre

Gotcha. Unfortunately that fix is only temporary as one of the settings in Android auto keeps re-enabling itself. Looks like it's a bug though and hopefully max will take care of it.

On 2/3/2019 at 5:54 PM, sphinx780 said:

Solved this one on my unit. Go to misc in settings and uncheck any settings in Android auto. Once done, mine showed as expected again.

I had this issue too, but I could resolve it by deleting all data from Poweramp. So I had to reconfigure the app from scratch. But after a few days this bug automatically came back. Without changing any setting. I then did the same thing again, configured everything again and backed up my settings. After a few days the issue appeared again. Then I restored my stored settings, and everything worked again like normal. 

Will it be useful if I post the working settings and in a few days post the not working settings? So @maxmp can check the differences between them?

On 2/2/2019 at 3:37 AM, maxmp said:

Last Poweramp exploits Android media (session/browser/etc.) API fully to support Android Audio + Assistant, and your headunit reads 3rd line from Queue, instead of MediaMetadata info (the current played track). Queue items have the layout as you described (3rd line is the “meta” info - same as in Poweramp lists).

This is a minor issue on headset side, as queue is an optional _list_, and the current playing track should be retrieved from MediaMetadata (where title/artist/album are separate fields and no “meta” exists). Nevertheless I think this can’t be worked around e.g. with some extra option.

Did you mean to say CAN be worked around, or can't be fixed?

Poweramp is the only player I have this issue with sadly. Every other player displays the correct information.

A question regarding shuffling of artist's albums : what should happen or happens when another album is added and a rescan is done to the set while the albums are being shuffled ? Is it appended, ommitted, inserted somewhere, or is the shuffling broken and newly initiated ?

I was quite happy, functionality of double/triple click finally returned for me a few versions ago.

But since 820 I have 2 new bugs.
One returning, which is not so bad.
But the other one kills my mood.

The not so bad one:
Poweramp does not send correct track information via bluetooth.
First Song of an album shows the correct info, next one and any of the following shows Unknown Performer/Unknown Album.

The other one:
Poweramp quits playing after a few seconds, if the screen is of.
Just unlock the screen let the music continue for some time.

This happens with my Car. A 2018 BMW 1, which has multimedia capabilitys from the last decade, so no fancy stuff like Android Car.
And with 2 different bluetooth devices, also. A Plantronics BackBeat (first Gen) and Zolo Liberty+.
Smartphone is a Huawei P10 Pro with Android 8.

What I tried the last few days:

- Use Wakelock
- Keep Service
- Keep Notification
- Always Keep Notification

In, I think, any possible combination.

And between the attempts:
- Clean Cache & Settings of Poweramp
- Uninstall & New Install of Poweramp

regards
Al

On 2/4/2019 at 2:19 PM, Duarian said:

Gotcha. Unfortunately that fix is only temporary as one of the settings in Android auto keeps re-enabling itself. Looks like it's a bug though and hopefully max will take care of it.

I can confirm this as well.

4 hours ago, AlDaHorst said:

Poweramp quits playing after a few seconds, if the screen is of.

Sounds as though your device is being too aggressive in closing down apps which should be allowed to continue running when the screen goes to sleep. See if you can set Poweramp as an exception to any power-saving settings.

Andre

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Sounds as though your device is being too aggressive in closing down apps which should be allowed to continue running when the screen goes to sleep. See if you can set Poweramp as an exception to any power-saving settings.

Andre

Sorry I forgot to mention it, because this is so obvious and common sense for me that this did not come to my mind yesterday.

Poweramp and the Unlocker were set to manual administered after every reinstall.
Thus it can autostart, can be started by another application and is allowed to run in the Background.

That are the same settings I use since I bought my Phone 14 months ago.
I also did not update my Phone for several months and the last new additional app was Installed last year. 

Regards
al

On 2/4/2019 at 8:54 AM, blaubär said:

That's because the search doesn't set a filter ( it did that in V2, but that was removed ). But you can create a playlist from the search results and play that !

Thanks for that clear explanation... Add that filter feature as something I'd like added back. Making a whole playlist or adding to enqueued ain't steps i wanna do lol

Archived