Poweramp Build 820

maxmp

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/30/2019 at 9:50 PM, maxmp said:

I depends on device/ROM - generally anything can happen (it seems OEMs rarely test their devices with hi-res audio in all possible use cases). For example, some devices can even apply increased volume (e.g. Asus Max Pro m1 applies +12db for just 384khz for unknown reason).

well i assumed that this might be firmware related problem. i upgrade my zenfone 5z to Pie OS, before that, in oreo firmware i did'nt encounter this problem.. i used to toggle on the dvc @ hi-res output setted to 384khz,volume is at 100,using a hi-res supported earphone and everything works fine.

i update to Pie os, and this problem occurred.. i use PA v818 all the time..

next,i upgrade to v820 thinking that it would solve but still same problem.

38 minutes ago, Laffer said:

Sorry, is the issue about the incorrect cropping of non-square album art a priority at all?

You mean that ?

You might give reasons as to why this is a bug and not a feature.

Max announced that he plans to enable pinch and zoom of the album art, that might solve the issue.

3 hours ago, Laffer said:

Sorry, is the issue about the incorrect cropping of non-square album art a priority at all?

It seems basically correct to me now, rectangular cover artwork is now shown in its correct ratio rather than getting cropped. The rounded corners can be a bit annoying at smaller sizes, but those can be turned off via skins. 

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

It seems basically correct to me now, rectangular cover artwork is now shown in its correct ratio rather than getting cropped. The rounded corners can be a bit annoying at smaller sizes, but those can be turned off via skins. 

Andre

Interesting. To me, the artwork is still cropped, on 820-play.

13 minutes ago, Laffer said:

Interesting. To me, the artwork is still cropped, on 820-play.

Yeah, I see the same issue even after a full rescan. Artwork with a portrait orientation is cropped at the top and bottom. Artwork with a landscape orientation is handled properly (where I'm defining "properly" as showing the full image, with transparent padding above & below).

I've been meaning to post about this in the bug reports forum but have yet to get around to doing so. It may be that while the issue has been mentioned a number of times it simply hasn't been seen by @maxmp or it's just down the list still.

I'd be happy to see it fixed but since I haven't posted any detailed report in the right thread, it's certainly not bugging me too badly. ;)

Here's an example, followed by a view of the album art selection dialog showing the dimensions of the embedded artwork):

Screenshot_20190201-163034.png

Screenshot_20190201-163059.png

I've found a strange bug in the latest update. 

Earlier when connected to my car it showed Singer name. Song name and album name. 

But after the update album name doesn't show instead it shows time of song and format of song. 

After Update

IMG-20190202-WA0004.jpg

Before Update

IMG-20190202-WA0005.jpg

After the current update when changing the songs the transition is very slow. Sometimes it doesn't even show the next track. 

today the player paused with bluetooth three times in 5 mins.   the 2nd two times it did it during the same song.   not good when trying to wash the car and have to stop to go push play.   or the other day i just got into the tanning bed and then it paused so i didn't get to listen to music while in the bed.   So disappointing.   I don't know why it's pausing on its own.   It's done if off and one through several versions.  

Last Poweramp exploits Android media (session/browser/etc.) API fully to support Android Audio + Assistant, and your headunit reads 3rd line from Queue, instead of MediaMetadata info (the current played track). Queue items have the layout as you described (3rd line is the “meta” info - same as in Poweramp lists).

This is a minor issue on headset side, as queue is an optional _list_, and the current playing track should be retrieved from MediaMetadata (where title/artist/album are separate fields and no “meta” exists). Nevertheless I think this can’t be worked around e.g. with some extra option.

11 hours ago, tmz said:

Yeah, I see the same issue even after a full rescan. Artwork with a portrait orientation is cropped at the top and bottom. Artwork with a landscape orientation is handled properly (where I'm defining "properly" as showing the full image, with transparent padding above & below).

Ah, yes you are right, I had only checked with landscape images which seem to show at their correct rectangular proportions in both the Player UI and Library views. However when I found a portrait image (a vertical DVD cover, as the track was directly ripped from a movie soundtrack) you are right that it is cropped down into a square format in both the Player and Library views. Hopefully Max can deal with that case in a future release. 

Andre

49 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@hypomaniac-eric What is in Settings / Headset/Bluetooth / Last processed commands?

Note that cracked Poweramp versions have “Trial period ended” message removed, but they don’t remove corresponding pause action.

I bought Poweramp from the play store back in 2012 or so.   I never used to have the random pausing problem till the V3.

47 minutes ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I bought Poweramp from the play store back in 2012 or so.   I never used to have the random pausing problem till the V3.

I have a proper version of PA too and it paused a few times on my bt earbuds. I don't use m my bt all that much but i can test it for a bit this weekend

can someone tell me why is it so hard to put the "play" icon in the pop-up menu when you hold a finger on the album position in the list? or make the queued music start playing strictly after the current ALBUM is done playing? i just don't understand, will these little features ruin the whole system!?! i thought it was about making the player more convenient to use, especially since we've paid for it

1 hour ago, doomjitsu said:

can someone tell me why is it so hard to put the "play" icon in the pop-up menu when you hold a finger on the album position in the list?

Could you please further elaborate ? And perhaps provide a screenshot ? It is unclear which pop-up menu you are referring to.

32 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Could you please further elaborate ? And perhaps provide a screenshot ? It is unclear which pop-up menu you are referring to.

These are two features from v2 which didn't make it through the re-coding for the v3 interface:

Long-press on a song title in the library view used to offer several options such as Add to Queue, Add to Playlist, Set as Ringtone, and Play. The Play option (and ringtone) is not in v3 though. This isn't a problem if you are using the default settings as you can more easily just tap on the song title to start it playing, however you can't do that if you've set the default click-action to Enqueue songs rather than Playing them, meaning that with that setting there is no way to start a specific song playing.

The enqueue setting used to be configurable to start queued playback Immediately, After Current Song, or After Current List. However v3 only offers two options, Immediate or After Current Song.

Hopefully Max can pop these two features back in to v3 when he gets a chance.  

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The enqueue setting used to be configurable to start queued playback Immediately, After Current Song, or After Current List. However v3 only offers two options, Immediate or After Current Song.

Hopefully Max can pop these two features back in to v3 when he gets a chance.

I would love to see these added back once again. 

On 2/1/2019 at 11:10 PM, Armaan Komal said:

I've found a strange bug in the latest update. 

Earlier when connected to my car it showed Singer name. Song name and album name. 

But after the update album name doesn't show instead it shows time of song and format of song. 

After Update

IMG-20190202-WA0004.jpg

Before Update

IMG-20190202-WA0005.jpg

After the current update when changing the songs the transition is very slow. Sometimes it doesn't even show the next track. 

Solved this one on my unit. Go to misc in settings and uncheck any settings in Android auto. Once done, mine showed as expected again.

I've noticed that when pausing the player from the notification itself - the notification stays until manually dismissed. Is this intended?

If I pause from the widget, or the player itself it goes away. Just seems to stay if you pause it from the notification pull down.

Archived