Folder View isn't actually folder view

Maprewop

1 minute ago, Maprewop said:

Hello

I installed the pw on android. I wanted folder view. But all I see are the albums.

Is there something I miss?

Click on button in the lower left corner and the library opens. Click on the button with the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then choose "list options". Activate the categories you'd like to see, e.g. "folder". Go Back to library and choose folder view.

30 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Click on button in the lower left corner and the library opens. Click on the button with the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then choose "list options". Activate the categories you'd like to see, e.g. "folder". Go Back to library and choose folder view.

Thank you. I just tried that. Let's say I have a folder named Jazz which contains a dozen albums. I would like to see the folder by itself, because there are more folders. What I see now is a huge list of albums. Well, they are showed as they are listed in the folders.

If I want to listen Soul, I would go to the folder Soul. Inside there might be subfolders which contains different artists.

The way it is now is a complete mess lol

I use since decades the same folder structure of my music collection. To gain access fast to what I want listen to I need to keep the folders. Not only the containing albums. I would really like to keep it simple a possible. Also no need for sections like Artists, songs, genres and so on.

There is the option List Hierarchy. But for that I need to disable the covers. Because some folders have a cover and others not. It would be perfect when it only shows the list of folders. Like a file explorer.

I used VLC for android. The only issue with VLC, it can't play tracks gapless.

Edit: Actually what I want: Don't scan for music. Don't put them into a database or whatever it is. Just show the folders.

Edit 2: All this stuff with covers and what not looked nice as long I had a few albums from one interpret on the SD card. After that, It's a complete mess 😀

You can view folders as nested, so you drill down inside each one to see the contents and any subfolders which you can then click on to open them (called "Folders Hierarchy" category) or flattened so all of your folders are visible in one long scrollable list with no extra clicking required (normal "Folders" category).

Andre

2 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

You can view folders as nested, so you drill down inside each one to see the contents and any subfolders which you can then click on to open them (called "Folders Hierarchy" category) or flattened so all of your folders are visible in one long scrollable list with no extra clicking required (normal "Folders" category).

Andre

I'll check that out. Thank you.

Archived