Cast/Cloud [Poll]

maxmp

Cast/Cloud  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Cast/Cloud

• Chromecast
    • Cloud (Dropbox, Drive) + DLNA source

This poll is closed to new votes

I noticed the album art on the widget doesn't update sometimes and will upnp casting be supported at some point? That is the only reason I have a second media player app on my phone to serve that function.

Casting to a media server (A foober media server in particular) 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Sharif-4 said:

will upnp casting be supported at some point?

At some point, hopefully yes, more output options are planned. But I doubt it will be imminent as Max is currently working on major updates to the EQ system, so recently issued builds have mainly been maintenance releases / bug fixes rather than adding major new features.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

At some point, hopefully yes, more output options are planned. But I doubt it will be imminent as Max is currently working on major updates to the EQ system, so recently issued builds have mainly been maintenance releases / bug fixes rather than adding major new features.

Andre

Thank you! Loved the the app when I first discovered it, still love it!

It just occurred to me, I have been using the app thinking I am getting automatic updates from the playstore, only to realise now I actually haven't updated since who knows how long o.o, that probably explains the album art issue.

1 hour ago, Sharif-4 said:

only to realise now I actually haven't updated since who knows how long

Current main release on the Play Store is build 822. The latest minor update downloadable from the website here is 884, which you can just install over your Play Store version without breaking any future Play Store automatic updates (if you have them enabled). Or you can subscribe of Google to get beta updates if you wish.

Andre

On 10/10/2020 at 10:45 AM, andrewilley said:

Current main release on the Play Store is build 822. The latest minor update downloadable from the website here is 884, which you can just install over your Play Store version without breaking any future Play Store automatic updates (if you have them enabled). Or you can subscribe of Google to get beta updates if you wish.

Andre

On the beta version I updated to, still got the album art, and song info on the widget not updating automatically as the song changes. Is that normal? 

On 10/17/2020 at 2:16 PM, andrewilley said:

Is the widget you are using a current one, or an old install? This thread might help too:

Andre

I tried removing the widget and putting it back from options, issue remains.

With that said I also cleared the cache and not app data before I added the widget again, in fear of all the settings needed to be readjusted

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

And this is a Poweramp stock widget, yes? Which size, or does it affect all of them?

Andre

I didn't know there were other ones available, these are the ones from my home screen listed under the Poweramp ones, it's the 2*2 one, but expanded to fit my upper part of my screen. 

I haven't tried the other ones recently, if I remember correctly the more pancake 1*2 kind (Don't remember the actual size) on my LG G6 had an issue as well. My current phone is the s10e. 

23 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@Sharif-4 I've tried both the 2x2 and and 4x1 widgets (there is no 1x2 type). They seem to update perfectly even time I change tracks, even if I put several on one homepage. Stock Android 10 on an Galaxy A70, with Nova Launcher. What scenario will cause this error for you?

Andre 

Stock samsung launcher here, if I change tracks using the widget it works perfectly fine.

Common scenario this issue occurs, song playing in the background, phone is now locked, songs have changed to something else, open up phone, look at homescreen, current song play is different from the one on the widget, tap widget to get into Poweramp, come back to home screen, widget showing correct track now. 

Note, the information on the lockscreen is fine, which is why even though it's been there for over an year, it didn't ever bother me, just made me wonder what's going on in the background for it to not update itself. 

I can provide logs if needed, just tell me where I should send them

Edit

I just tried the own scenario I mentioned, put the track at end so it changes by the time I have phone locked, but it updated itself when I unlocked and checked lol 

Not entirely sure how to create it, but that's usually when it happens, but it didn't happen when I try to recreate it.

Edited by Sharif-4

On 10/20/2020 at 3:49 PM, andrewilley said:

There are some historical settings in Settings > Misc, and things like Settings > Album Art > Always Send Album Art, but shouldn't normally be needed in this sort of scenario.

That's more for bluetooth car stereos acting up I believe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Andre,

A humble follow-up on my question back from 2020.. about support for external services such as gDriver or OneDrive. Surprisingly enough.. after 2 years.. still no sign of any nice & usable app on the Android Market with this capability.

It would be fantastic to continue using your app, without having to swap my 256GB of music around every 2 months or so on my internal memory to keep it interesting (out of a 2TB+ music collection).

Any news / plan to enable this feature by Poweramp in the near future?

Cheers

Still waiting on this as well, but not for gdrive/onedrive, more interested in stuff such as FTP and/or SMB and so on... Still haven't found a nice and non janky way of doing it with the current capabilities...

Also about the app size, wouldn't being able to play files from a remote location kind of make up for it? I mean sure the app might get a bit bigger, but being able to play stuff from a remote location you can just remove a few files from the local storage or something...

• 1 year later...

I'm Poweramp user since several years, with the complete premium version. I have a lot of mp3 and other formats on the local memory, but also tons of files on the cloud (Google Drive) so the option to get access to cloud folders would be really appreciated. I'm actually using another player which include cloud and local access, and I wish to get the same on Poweramp, which I prefer in terms of user interface, features etc. I guess that actually cloud access could be quite common requirement for several users.

I see that, of course it's already considered in the development plan and, for the Poweramp stability through the network, I understand the possible lack of indexing features, but just the remote access to files on Google Drive would be already a nice implementation. I'm actually using the Beta version, to see the new features as soon they comes.

2 hours ago, Alessandro Rossi said:

I see that, of course it's already considered in the development plan and, for the Poweramp stability through the network, I understand the possible lack of indexing features, but just the remote access to files on Google Drive would be already a nice implementation. I'm actually using the Beta version, to see the new features as soon they comes.

For some reason it's currently very low down in the user-voting priority ordering. It has just two votes so far, and is near the bottom of the second page. Feel free to add your vote though:

Andre

On 12/30/2023 at 3:52 PM, andrewilley said:

For some reason it's currently very low down in the user-voting priority ordering. It has just two votes so far, and is near the bottom of the second page. Feel free to add your vote though:

Andre

Thanks. I will vote and try to see if it will raise the interest of other users.
It's strange for me the low interest, especially considering who has large library of mp3 files which could not be just copied locally, I guess it should be more and more required in the future.