123 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Cast/Cloud

• Chromecast
    • Cloud (Dropbox, Drive) + DLNA source

On 2/13/2019 at 8:40 PM, maxmp said:

A small update on Chromecast support development progress:

• basic functionality (streaming up to 24bit/96khz) is supported
    • Poweramp streams its processed output, not the track files. That means all formats are supported, but the phone is constantly busy with decoding and streaming over wifi
  • media receiver with proper track info/album art is supported (though not needed for Home/CC Audio, that's still displayed on standard CC + TV)
    • no progress bar/seekbar
  • gapless is supported
  • Poweramp EQ/DSP is supported
  • DVC is not supported
  • there is 2-3sec latency (mostly noticeable when equalizer settings are changed) and to reduce that to ~<1 sec, completely custom media receiver is required, which will be hard to support, so I've not decided yet if such latency is OK or not

Road to the complete glory!

Can't wait for this update! Keep up the good job @maxmp

On 2/13/2019 at 8:40 PM, maxmp said:

A small update on Chromecast support development progress:

• basic functionality (streaming up to 24bit/96khz) is supported
    • Poweramp streams its processed output, not the track files. That means all formats are supported, but the phone is constantly busy with decoding and streaming over wifi
  • media receiver with proper track info/album art is supported (though not needed for Home/CC Audio, that's still displayed on standard CC + TV)
    • no progress bar/seekbar
  • gapless is supported
  • Poweramp EQ/DSP is supported
  • DVC is not supported
  • there is 2-3sec latency (mostly noticeable when equalizer settings are changed) and to reduce that to ~<1 sec, completely custom media receiver is required, which will be hard to support, so I've not decided yet if such latency is OK or not

Great news ! 

It is interesting that at the moment I use the "Yandex Disk" cloud, since it has an offline folder and Poweramp perfectly picks up files from there. It is very comfortable in the car.  I vote for the cloud

I have been wondering if casting to DLNA renderers will eventually become a reality. I personally like Kodi so much and I have set up a small HTPC between my TV and my Hi-Fi system. I would love to cast my local songs to that system, and I am quite disappointed that now Poweramp can cast to Chromecast devices but not DLNA ones.

I just want to clarify.

Currently is it possible to cast to a DLNA device, in my case my my laptop running foobar which is running a media server?

As the cast option does not show up, I verified with my stock LG app that foobar's media server is working 

5 hours ago, Sharif-4 said:

Currently is it possible to cast to a DLNA device

No, the only streaming output options added so far are Chromecast and Android Auto.

Andre