Showing wrong song at the bottom

hypomaniac-eric

What are your list options ?

The 2 examples show the wrongly displayed song in the miniplayer beginning not with letters, but "2" and "'". Is this always the case ( any non letter character ) ?

If there are others cases, do you perhaps always see the songs beginning with the lowest or highest letters ?

Is this happening constantly for you or just momentarily (e.g. during rescan)? What is the source list of the song played at the moment of such desync (the actual song played in main screen, not the wrong song in miniplayer)?

Also, can you please try to do a Settings / Library / Full Rescan once?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Poweramplover123 said:

Similar issues with me as well, but after full rescan, everything was fine

Probably that will be not the case of full solution but temporary one

This issue is never solved with full rescan and always annoys me when I restart the ap

This happens for me too. I hope I don't have to do a full scan every time I add music. I have 350 GB of music. 

The wrong song being displayed for me was Bowie's 'Heroes'. This title does include quotes in the title tag. So the first character was not a letter. It was a special character. 

• 1 month later...

I've seen this happen several times. Usually fixes itself by moving to next track in list. It happened again today but wouldn't fix itself. A rescan didn't help. I went to skins setting and disabled alternate layout and that corrected the problem. Possibly problem with built in skins.

3 hours ago, storoa said:

I've seen this happen several times. Usually fixes itself by moving to next track in list. It happened again today but wouldn't fix itself. A rescan didn't help. I went to skins setting and disabled alternate layout and that corrected the problem. Possibly problem with built in skins.

I can confirm this. Alternative layout is the issue but disabling and re enabling makes it to work but don't know whether how long it will work. Btw please don't remove alternative layout from Poweramp that's my favorite layout

3 hours ago, blaubär said:

Does this really only happen with the alternative layout ? Anybody got this with another skin ?

I try with basic skin 'Dark Theme' with alternative layout and pro button option off but the problem still exists.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,I'm not used to sign up to forums and comment to discuss anything,but since THIS BUG is really pissing off everybody including me ,I had to post my solution,that bug HAPPENED TO ME and I fixed it by EDITING the FILE NAME TAG via Poweramp info/tag option and I even used special characters like 👉 - 👈and 👉() 👈 and as of now it fixed the issue. Hope this helps ALL OF YOU , I hope this little grain of sand has served you well.

2 hours ago, SeMoZaKi said:

and I fixed it by EDITING the FILE NAME TAG via Poweramp info/tag option

What exactly did you change ? Did you really change the file name, or do you mean the song title ?

516201964132.jpg

2 hours ago, SeMoZaKi said:

the title, I even put back the same title I had with these characters - () and kept telling me the song I was currently playing

That's interesting. It seems that you changed the contents ( why would it work now if you had changed nothing ? ) while obviously entering the same information.

I can think of either invisible special characters that the previous title contained. Or a character set conversion took place, one that showed you the same contents, but changed the binary representation.

I am not a technician, before putting the same title what I did was to eliminate the characters and then the error went away, after it left I put the characters to see if it was that and I do not return the error.I hope you have solved the problem

9 hours ago, SeMoZaKi said:

I am not a technician, before putting the same title what I did was to eliminate the characters and then the error went away, after it left I put the characters to see if it was that and I do not return the error.I hope you have solved the problem

Yes, that means that the old technical representation of the characters somehow differ from the new one.

Might be additional invisible characters, or another character set.

Archived