Poweramp Build 818

maxmp

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@fatal volume “Ducking” generally works for normal outputs, but may fail for Hi-Res on snapdraggon based deviced, so No Duck option are ususally enabled by default for these outputs. It may work for your setup - just go to the active output / device in Poweramp Audio settings and uncheck No Duck.

12 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@mcheffeplease be more specific regarding your device/Android version/Poweramp output settings. Thanks!

Galaxy S8+, Android 8, Poweramp Output settings show OpenSL ES output enabled for wired headset/aux & "other output devices".  High res output is enabled for Wired HS, BT, & USB DAC.  Audio track output shows nothing selected.  Is this the info you were looking for?

40 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@mcheffe unfortunately I can't reproduce this issue on my S8+ @ 8 (Android auto server force routes all audio to head unit - no matter what is connected otherwise to phone), but try to disable Hi-Res for BT.

Here's my results.  Before changing any settings, I tried PA with AA in another vehicle and it worked fine.  Where it worked is connected to an aftermarket Sony head unit XAV-AX5000.  I then went back to where it failed, my Ford Fusion Sync 3 head unit with AA support, and it still only played audio through the earpiece speaker.  I disconnected, disabled Hi-Res for BT, tested again and now it works.  Just to confirm, I re-enabled Hi-Res for BT and tested again and the problem returned.  Switched it back to disabled and I'm all good.  Looks like that was the fix!  Interesting that it occurred only with one of my AA head units but not another.

A follow-up question though, what is the impact of disabling Hi-Res audio for BT?

So far I'm loving the Android auto support, but I have 1 small problem when it is connected to my car's head unit with Android auto. For some reason the album art doesn't show up on the head unit if my screen is off and the next track plays but the when I turn the screen on the album art shows up. 

I'm using a note 9 running pie. 

1 hour ago, mcheffe said:

A follow-up question though, what is the impact of disabling Hi-Res audio for BT? 

I would guess not much, as BT cannot really transfer high resolution audio due to lack of bandwidth. Sony says that they can with their LDAC and Sony hardware though, but I'm rather sceptical. Personally I set my Sony BT headphones to SBC and am happy not having to do an artificial upscaling of the sampling rate.

6 hours ago, nihal@kenzo said:

Thanks Max. Basic commands work on Google assistant. Hope advanced commands are supported soon. 

There is no such entity as “top rated songs”, you’ll get better luck with just “top rated”.

4 hours ago, PizzaEX said:

Huawei Mate 10 Emui 9 Android 9

Lowering volume when the screen is locked (with DVC on) is not working again..

I can’t reproduce, but I can’t obviously test with any possible output plugin/device/option combination, so please be more specific. Thanks!

Audio stuttering when you  pressvolume up or down continuously when a song is playing....

All outputs are default

Turning off the DVC fixes the issue

Poweramp Versions 815, 816, 817, 818 (which I have checked)

Device - OnePlus 5 (Oxygen OS 9.0.2)

20 hours ago, maxmp said:

@fatal volume “Ducking” generally works for normal outputs, but may fail for Hi-Res on snapdraggon based deviced, so No Duck option are ususally enabled by default for these outputs. It may work for your setup - just go to the active output / device in Poweramp Audio settings and uncheck No Duck.

I'm using the phone and Poweramp with android auto, but I think I didn't turn on Hi-Res. What I want is no duck and no pause (to mix the audio of both the notification track and the music).  I will play with the settings, thanks. :)

10 minutes ago, Absinthequ said:

Album artist "All album artist songs" still broken/stuck to "compact - list" view only. You can change it using pinch, but as soon as you use the new clickable link feature or leave Poweramp and come back its in compact view again. Duplicate every time. 

Yep, still there. Bad Bug 😞

5 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

Just looking through some playlist and nearly half of my album art disappeared with this update. Did a full rescan and is still gone... Wtf

Sure you have build 818 ? That was a bug in 817 but is solved in 818. Or so we think. Can you append an example ?

1 hour ago, Absinthequ said:

Yeah I did a fresh install and it's ok now. Weird. I didn't even have that problem in 817.

Perhaps after updating to 817 there was not directly a rescan, so that you saw the library and album art as last scanned by some previous version. Then a scan took place, perhaps because you added a new album. And then you saw the library and art as scanned by 817. And if you updated to 818 and there was no new scan you still saw the result of the 817 scan. And now you reinstalled 818 and a rescan took place because this was a complete new install. Or something like this may have happened.

On 1/25/2019 at 3:04 AM, maxmp said:

There is no such entity as “top rated songs”, you’ll get better luck with just “top rated”.

Not sure if possible, but anyway to access a specific playlist via assistant? 

Thanks so much for the hard work! Assistant is saving my fingers in the car with a high temp of 2f today and lower highs for the next week or so.

Archived