Poweramp Build 818

maxmp

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Samsungs @ Pie and Hi-Res output:
For wired 3.5 it works this way:
- DVC works only via Hi-Res output for standard resolution (16bit/48khz)
- Hi-Res sample frequencies (>48khz) works via Hi-Res output, but without DVC
- normal outputs DVC is completely broken in ROM - makes normal outputs not usable on Samsung Pie variant (actually this is tested by Google Compatibility tests, so that's weird)

Bluetooth/USB: it works fine with Hi-Res sample frequencies (>48khz) and DVC.

Basically this means you always use Hi-Res output plugin in Poweramp, it just plays standard resolution (with DVC) or Hi-Res (with DVC for BT/USB, no DVC for wired 3.5).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

How so?

Andre

It is not showing reliably a notification when enabled both in settings or within PA. When it shows then I can't close notification using little x this is enabled from within PA. Am I the only one reporting/seeing this when using PA under final Pie? 

(Resolved?)

In both builds 817 and 818, any artist tag that has a forward slash in the text field '/' is now gone as well as any text after it.  For example, I have all my tags with featured artists set as:

Queens of the stone age f/Mark Lanegan

In builds 817+ it now reads as

Queens of the stone age f

This happens for all tracks with this in the field, and I have done multiple full rescans.  I believe the forward slash is being read as an operator somewhere.

3 minutes ago, CHRCTRLMT said:

In both builds 817 and 818, any artist tag that has a forward slash in the text field '/' is now gone as well as any text after it.  For example, I have all my tags with featured artists set as:

Queens of the stone age f/Mark Lanegan

In builds 817+ it now reads as

Queens of the stone age f

This happens for all tracks with this in the field, and I have done multiple full rescans.  I believe the forward slash is being read as an operator somewhere.

Could you test and try to change one of the "/" to "//" ? If it's a special character this might help.

25 minutes ago, chrctrlmt said:

Forward slash should not be treated as a separator in any tags now. And in tags which can have multiple entries (such as Artist, Genre, etc) the separator should be "//" or ";". 

I have many Artist tags with "/" character in them in build 818 after a Full Rescan.

Andre

@maxmp Thank you again for the official Android Auto support, fantastic!

I have one issue though (this includes the previous v3 version too (latest stable)) on Oreo and Pie. In earlier versions and/or earlier android versions (Nougat and lower) there was an option to do "nothing" on short focus loss (e.g notifications, GPS navigation etc.). Currently I can pause the music or choose the option to lower the volume. Both are annoying for me. I set the navigation to a lower volume and it was perfectly mix onto the music. Could you bring back the old option or is this limited by the android system?

Archived