Jump to content
Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp Build 817

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DyrusZJ said:

Many of my tracks don't have album art. After I did full rescan, now some of my song name show up as ?????? (Only songs with Japanese song title)

59 minutes ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

As reported, on mine there's missing album covers on many songs on a playlist i looked at earlier.   I hope the bug is fixed soon.  

10 hours ago, yrek150 said:

Android auto works Perfectly for nów, but not every track's album art is displayed on both modes (Android auto, and "normal" mode) 

For those with missing album art (not specifically related to Android Auto) please download build 818. You may need to then do a Full Rescan.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

For those with missing album art (not specifically related to Android Auto) please download build 818. You may need to then do a Full Rescan.

Andre

Yes Andre, this build resolves the issue after a full-rescan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I just looked at some of my MP3's and they are 44.1khz.   It seems common to me.   are you saying it's not common for mp3's to be 44.1khz or not common for it on android?

Uncommon for android. Stock google's android also upsamples to 48kHz, otherwise we all (atleast most of us) know that most mp3 files are @ 44.1kHz. Samsung in the past did implement native 44.1kHz playback when such a file is played, sadly that is removed now and that's what we discussed with max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cha0z_ said:

Uncommon for android. Stock google's android also upsamples to 48kHz, otherwise we all (atleast most of us) know that most mp3 files are @ 44.1kHz. 

CD-ripped files will always be 44.1kHz, unless the ripper has decided to lower the rate for space reasons, DVD-ripped audio will more likely be 48kHz (or higher for special versions). Anything else is up to the originator to choose. Not sure what the iTunes/etc services tend to default to, I never use them.

I don't know why Android defaults to 48kHz these days, 44.1 would seem so much more sensible for most general audio work. I guess they figure that upsampling is rarely objected to, whereas downsampling is not good marketing.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

CD-ripped files will always be 44.1kHz, unless the ripper has decided to lower the rate for space reasons, DVD-ripped audio will more likely be 48kHz (or higher for special versions). Anything else is up to the originator to choose. Not sure what the iTunes/etc services tend to default to, I never use them.

I don't know why Android defaults to 48kHz these days, 44.1 would seem so much more sensible for most general audio work. I guess they figure that upsampling is rarely objected to, whereas downsampling is not good marketing.

Andre

I always wondered myself for years why google decided to go that way. You reasoning seems plausible. Anyway, for the people that want the closest thing to not resampled sound on samsung android 9 - Poweramp+hi-res+24bit/88kHz(176.4,352.8), i.e. perfect rounding X2 44.1kHz. This should lead to a pretty close result. Also you can check out the default resampler as there are two options(sw, sox - the latter is famous one for really high quality).

 

Edit: actually no matter what you set beyond 48kHz, only 192kHz and 384kHz are actually used. I really think that samsung outdid themself on that android version. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cha0z_ said:

I always wondered myself for years why google decided to go that way. You reasoning seems plausible. Anyway, for the people that want the closest thing to not resampled sound on samsung android 9 - Poweramp+hi-res+24bit/88kHz(176.4,352.8), i.e. perfect rounding X2 44.1kHz. This should lead to a pretty close result. Also you can check out the default resampler as there are two options(sw, sox - the latter is famous one for really high quality).

 

Edit: actually no matter what you set beyond 48kHz, only 192kHz and 384kHz are actually used. I really think that samsung outdid themself on that android version. :D

you think they will fix this in some of the next updates? 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ░▒▓█ クリス █▓▒░ said:

you think they will fix this in some of the next updates? 😅

From my years of experience with android and knowing samsung pretty well - no, they will not. Most likely for the next android version next year. The only hope is max to find a better workaround, but he is really limited to what he can do from the sound subsystem samsung implemented. There is no possible way to literally bypass everything and "talk" directly with the DAC. Same way as you can't play a sound via windows app from the soundcard without a proper driver (for simple analogy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...