EQ needs more bands in 100-2.5k range please

Kbob

For example maybe 

100,125,160,200,250,315,400,500,630,800,1000,1250,1600,2000,2500, ...etc

The mid range is the most sensitive area of the spectrum for a lot of consumer speakers and the human ear

Most stereo systems could benefit from having more mid range adjustability in the app, to make up for crappy speaker setups

One great example is an aftermarket Bluetooth stereo head unit installed in a car with not great stereo speakers. You could use the app to try EQ the audio being sent thru the app to your crappy car stereo to sound better with this new adjustability.

I would assume this would be a fairly easy software update

I would greatly appreciate this!

Thanks

6 hours ago, Kbob said:

For example maybe 

100,125,160,200,250,315,400,500,630,800,1000,1250,1600,2000,2500, ...etc

The mid range is the most sensitive area of the spectrum for a lot of consumer speakers and the human ear

Most stereo systems could benefit from having more mid range adjustability in the app, to make up for crappy speaker setups

One great example is an aftermarket Bluetooth stereo head unit installed in a car with not great stereo speakers. You could use the app to try EQ the audio being sent thru the app to your crappy car stereo to sound better with this new adjustability.

I would assume this would be a fairly easy software update

I would greatly appreciate this!

Thanks

It wouldn't be great for everybody, there are people who would complain of having too much to set.

But perhaps it would be possible to make this customizable ?

Either make the number of bands customizable, say in a range from 3 to 20, with default 10 as it is now, and / or make the frequencies of the bands editable.

And then someone will request customizable bandwidth 🙂

2 minutes ago, blaubär said:

It wouldn't be great for everybody, there are people who would complain of having too much to set.

But perhaps it would be possible to make this customizable ?

Either make the number of bands customizable, say in a range from 3 to 20, with default 10 as it is now, and / or make the frequencies of the bands editable.

And then someone will request editable bandwidth 🙂

I disagree..

But to solve that... You could do easy mode vs advanced mode. Have "easy mode" be a 7 band EQ, and advanced be a 30band EQ. Problem solved

• 2 weeks later...

Archived