notification cntrl, widget show playlist, playlist shortcuts

aza9999

Poweramp is a great music player, there are however three main features i would really like to see before upgrading to paid version.

Control from notification bar: Basically same controls as the 4x1 widget in the notification drop down so music can be changed without having to open player or go to home screen widget.

Show playlist on widget: With the 4x1 player widget it would be great to flash the playlist name instead of song/album for 0.5 - 1 second when you cycle using the << and >> buttons so i can quickly see which playlist i'm switching to.

Playlist shortcuts: It would be good to be able to put a shortcut to a playlist on the home screen, to quickly start playing my favourite playlists without having to go into the player. Implementing the suggestion above for showing playlist name on widget would be a good interim solution.

Keep up the good work, you have a great effort here which is well on it's way to being the best player on the market.

Thanks for the request. Generally this is possible only for Androids 3.0+. For 2.x, the notification panel closes itself on anything clicked inside app's notification block. This makes buttons like > unusable there.

Thats a shame then, what about the next two items?

Flashing the playlist name briefly on the homescreen widget (i use the 4x1) when switching between playlists using the << >> buttons would be very handy for me, and the ability to add a playlist shortcut to the homescreen (winamp can do this) would also be great.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can implement the controls previous and next track into the notification bar as i am running a honeycomb tablet. I find it is the only thing missing in this player. Im purchasing this right after the trial period. I hope you could add the controls feature soon. Or atleast make it an option to toggle the display of the control arrows in the settings menu. Thanks for the great work your team has done on this player so far. Greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I would like to second this request. 95% of the time I listen to music via various playlists. I would suspect this is somewhat consistent for many users. For the first hour on Poweramp, I didn't even think it supported playlists. I've found them, but they are hidden/take some time to get to.

Thanks!

Archived