Problems with Crossfade, Fade and Gapless

PeteSapai

1. Fade-in on auto-advance:
When auto-advancing, the "Play/Pause/Stop Fade Lenght" is used, even when "Fade Play/Pause/Stop" is turned off.
With FPPS off, I set PPSFL to 50 and then to 1000ms and it obviously uses this setting on auto-track change. There is the same fade-in on auto-advance as manual-advance. There is, however, no fade when resetting a track.
Suggestion/request: turn auto-advance fading off completely (seriously, who uses that?) or add a separate option for auto-advance fading (like PA 2 used)

2. "Seek Fade Length" seems to be set to 50ms; there does not seem to be a noticable difference when changing this to 500ms. Also, turning "Fade on Seek" off will still use the 50ms fade.

3. Crossfade/fade-in problem (I don't use this, but noticed it when testing problem 1):
The option "auto-advance Fading: crossfade on all songs" makes music crossfade when *manually* changing tracks and *not* on auto-change.

All of this tested with build 816 on a BQ Aquaris M5 vs 2.0.10 (where everything works as intended) on a Galaxy S4

E.g. with settings as in attached screenshot, there was a short seek fade and a long fade on auto-advance.

poweramp.png

I think I found my problem and solution to #1 and 3: it only seems to happen with folders that contain a cue file (why are there cue files, you ask? To alter the info read by Foobar on pc, without editing the id3 tags and thereby changing the mp3 and its crc - but that's not really important or relevant). Solution: delete the cue files.

Also, when browsing Folders Hierarchy, a cue file is treated like a folder while the audio files in that same folder are ignored. E.g. if I have folder with 00-a.cue, 01-track1.mp3, 02-track2.mp3, etc., Poweramp will show 00-a.cue with a folder icon and the number of tracks on the right and nothing else. Don't know if this is a bug or working as intended.

Anyway, I don't intend to use cue files, but others might (they're popular with single-file-for-entire-album FLACs).

#2 is still bugged, though (to me) that's not 1/10th as important or annoying as #1 was.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also noticed that the fade-in settings are not honored in v3. I have a post about that here: 

This was present in the Alpha:

And it was present in v2:

Best I can tell, little has been done to fix the issues with fade-in. Personally, I can't think of a reason why anyone would want fade-in at the beginning of a track.

On 1/28/2019 at 10:49 PM, danhash said:

Best I can tell, little has been done to fix the issues with fade-in. Personally, I can't think of a reason why anyone would want fade-in at the beginning of a track.

Weird, 'cause (as I said) the issues are only a problem for me when using cue files. I use Folder Hierarchy and no files (mp3 and ogg) have the fade-in problem. But yeah, I also can't imagine anyone wanting fade-in at beginning of tracks.

Fade on seek still doesn't work correctly, though.

Just now, PeteSapai said:

Weird, 'cause (as I said) the issues are only a problem for me when using cue files. I use Folder Hierarchy and no files (mp3 and ogg) have the fade-in problem. But yeah, I also can't imagine anyone wanting fade-in at beginning of tracks.

Fade on seek still doesn't work correctly, though.

There are known issues with crossfading, e.g. stop playing before the end of the last song in a list :

Archived