Queue repeats at end

chrisarchitect

hey all

my experience is that when playing a queue upon reaching the end it starts again at the top? Without any repeat enabled, and settings set to On queue End - Stay in Queue/Repeat Queue.

I understand it says right there 'repeat queue' -- but why or how can I change that behaviour? When the tracks I queued up (Effectively making a temp playlist) I don't want it to start playing again when I've listened to all the tracks (unless I've enabled repeat list). v2 just stopped playing when it reached end.

thanks for insights on this

--

1 hour ago, chrisarchitect said:

hey all

my experience is that when playing a queue upon reaching the end it starts again at the top? Without any repeat enabled, and settings set to On queue End - Stay in Queue/Repeat Queue.

I understand it says right there 'repeat queue' -- but why or how can I change that behaviour? When the tracks I queued up (Effectively making a temp playlist) I don't want it to start playing again when I've listened to all the tracks (unless I've enabled repeat list). v2 just stopped playing when it reached end.

thanks for insights on this

--

So what have you set ?

I set the queue to return to previous category at its end and set repeat off, so when the queue is finished then the previous list returns.

0102019204818.jpg

0102019204826.jpg

I have set Repeat Off, and On Queue End set to 'Stay in Queue / repeat Queue'

I don't want it to go back to previous list (whatever that is, is unclear, previous album playing? All artists list? Because I don't want them to start playing either. I just want playing to stop at the end of the queue. 

Is it something to do with how I start playing the queue or is this a bug? I dunno

I can't duplicate what you are describing. If I have Queue End set to "Stay in Queue / Repeat Queue", then that's what it does. After a queue is finished, PA either stops or repeats from the start of the same queue again, depending on what Repeat mode is set. It does not return to normal playback mode.

To answer your question, "normal playback" (if used) would mean whatever listening mode you were using prior to starting the queue - perhaps an Album, a Playlist, a Folder, etc. The queue is meant to be a way to depart from your normal listening in order to hear a few specific 'ad hoc' tracks, after which PA returns you to normal listening (or not, if that option is set, of course).

How are you selecting the tracks to enqueue, and how are you starting them playing?

Andre

24 minutes ago, chrisarchitect said:

I have set Repeat Off, and On Queue End set to 'Stay in Queue / repeat Queue'

I don't want it to go back to previous list (whatever that is, is unclear, previous album playing? All artists list? Because I don't want them to start playing either. I just want playing to stop at the end of the queue. 

Is it something to do with how I start playing the queue or is this a bug?

I tried to reproduce this : I set shuffle and repeat off, set stay in queue at end of queue, added songs to the queue. It played the queue, during the last song the info bar showed that end of queue would be next ( do you see that too ? ), then it showed list finished and stopped.

Perhaps it's a library issue - did you try a full rescan ?

014201918341.jpg

014201918744.jpg

On 1/10/2019 at 7:07 PM, chrisarchitect said:

when playing a queue 

Another silly thought : what do you mean by "a" queue ? In PA there is exactly one queue ! All else you play is just called a "list" or "category". So you don't by chance use "queue" as synonym for "list" ?

On 1/10/2019 at 7:07 PM, chrisarchitect said:

when playing a queue upon reaching the end it starts again at the top?

another thought : are you sure the queue repeats itself ? perhaps you have queued the same songs over and over ! look at the info bar, muliple taps there switch through a lot of useful information - does the song number increment and then start again at 1 ? Or does keep incrementing ?

0142019191922.jpg

thanks for checking this out guys

Right, so upon trying steps to duplicate and confirm -- it's a bit weirder than I described.  Queue plays, and will play until List Finished state is reached and appears to stops successfully but then because I have crossfade all tracks turned on for 15 seconds, the track actually ends prematurely and I miss the last 15 seconds. So the marker is stopped right at near the ending seconds of the song. *If* I press play, it plays the remaining seconds and then *Starts* the track again! Why is this? Why only that last queued track - no repeat set as previously mentioned. The Queue should just reach List Finished state again and end no?

Sorry this is confusing and odder than I thought - frustrating a bit because of the nuances. I just never want the queue to start playing again unless explicitly defined.  Anyways, you can give it one more look for any tips but I'll just continue on I guess to see if experience changes

So it's not actually repeating as you first said, but will play the last track again if you press the Play button?

Not sure what the behaviour of crossfade should be at the end of a list or queue though. Logically, I would have expected it to fade out over the final 15 seconds and then stop right at the end of the track. Play would then play that track again.

Andre

I could reproduce parts of the behaviour. I set crossfade to 15s and played the last song of an album. It stopped 15s before the end of the song, as if it had played the song to the end.

I suppose this might have nothing to do with repeat or queue, but might be a bug with crossfade.

0152019175526.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, danhash said:

I've noticed that on some songs (not all), it will not play the last ~4 seconds and then skip to the next song. But I've had this happen in the middle of an album too, not just at the end.

Tried  Settings > Library > Full Rescan ?

• 4 weeks later...

I use the Queue a lot. I've noticed when the Queue is done it stops. When I get in my car and the Queue is at the end and has stopped, when the car connects the last song is played again. If I shut off the car and start the car again, PA again plays the last song in the Queue.

I see nothing in the settings that relates to the last song in the queue being played again on Bluetooth connection. There's a setting for what to do at the end of the queue - "Settings -> Library -> Queue - On Queue End" and a setting for what to do on a connection "Settings -> Headset/Bluetooth" that I've set to "Resume on Bluetooth", but I can't find anything that says anything like "Play last song in queue". If the last song in the queue has played and "Settings -> Library -> Queue -> On Queue End" is set to "Stay in Queue" and a Bluetooth connection is re-made, nothing should play.

• 11 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 12:00 PM, blaubär said:

I could reproduce parts of the behaviour. I set crossfade to 15s and played the last song of an album. It stopped 15s before the end of the song, as if it had played the song to the end.

I suppose this might have nothing to do with repeat or queue, but might be a bug with crossfade.

0152019175526.jpg

hey all

sorry I want to bump this particular aspect of crossfade cutting off the final audio in lists/queues. Posting here because it's the only reference I can find to the problem, tho I think I saw it mentioned somewhere else but can't find now.

It's strange, but I believe it wasn't happening for awhile but then maybe 3 months ago or so it started again. When listening to a queue, with crossfade enabled (to say, 12 seconds), the last song just cuts off before it's finished and it's very jarring. Should crossfade to 'nothing' or at least just finish the song.

Archived