Jump to content
Poweramp
superpangolin

"Unknown artist"/"Unknown album" even though files have tags. Missing tags also keep changing

Recommended Posts

Thanks heaps for taking a look @maxmp.

Honestly I'm not 100% sure how they're so broken, it seems like most of the affected files would have been ripped from CDs purchased around the same time (somewhere between 2009-2010) so it may have been an issue with the iTunes release around then and my particular configuration. Or it could have been that they've been carried from drive to drive and library to library for so many years. It's odd because I can vividly remember some other albums I bought at the same time as some of these, but their tags are fine... it's inconsistent, the tags seemed to have broken at random.

If I still had the CDs I'd just do them again and be done with this problem, but unfortunately they're in storage in another country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time user, first time poster, fellow developer, etc.

Onkyo DP-1X (Android 5.1.1) + Poweramp: v3-build-818-play (Full)

I too lost a number of artists + album's file info on the last update. :( 
Some of these were files I’ve had for ages, so the ID3 info was translating just fine in previous Poweramp versions.

Curiously enough, it’s *all* songs of certain artists, and when I dug in deeper, it’s only  currently artists that start w/ A or B (Aimee Mann, Billy Paul) etc.  Not *all* A & B artists but the majority of them.

FWIW, here’s a random couple of unrendered artists’ file info  (ID3 version / encoded with)

Artist ‘B’1
v2.2 / iTunes v3.0.1
??? / iTunes v4.7, QuickTime 6.5.2
??? / iTunes v4.1, QuickTime 6.3

Artist ‘B’2
v2.2 / iTunes 9.2
??? / iTunes v4.6, QuickTime 6.3.1
??? / iTunes v4.1, QuickTime 6.3
??? / iTunes 12.7.2.60

Artist ‘B’3
v2.2 / iTunes v3.0.1
v2.3 / Unknown

FWIW, I found other examples w/ ID3 v2.2 (a ‘W’ artist, for instance) that rendered just fine.  Possible that Poweramp can now only deal w/ so many files in a library, then it just horks when scanning?  I also noticed when I went to beta, play times after selecting a track are now like 9 seconds on my Onkyo … search has similarly come to a crawl. :( I can deal w/ those but losing artists and albums on display / scanning is zero fun.

Thanks for listening - please lemme know if I can provide more details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, walkathon said:

Onkyo DP-1X (Android 5.1.1) + Poweramp: v3-build-818-play (Full)

If you are now on 818 (there was a minor bug with tags in 817) please do a Full Rescan in Settings > Library, and let us know if that helps.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andre, did a full rescan and initially didn't work.

Took out my cards, did a rescan to blank the indexing, reinserted SD cards, ran another full rescan, voila!  Thx for the reply / fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't suppose we have an ETA on updates? We talking weeks? Months?

No hurry, I work/have worked in mobile development (albeit in art/design) so I understand these things can take a while. Just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, superpangolin said:

Don't suppose we have an ETA on updates? We talking weeks? Months?

No hurry, I work/have worked in mobile development (albeit in art/design) so I understand these things can take a while. Just curious.

So you have the newest build 819 and Max' changes didn't help all of your files ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, superpangolin said:

Don't suppose we have an ETA on updates? We talking weeks? Months?

There have been three updates released here during the past week, have you installed the latest build (819) and done a Full Rescan - or even as @walkathon suggested, remove storage completely, scan to clear the whole database, and then re-enable storage and scan again?

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signed up for beta and saw there'd been recent updates. Tried Full Rescan on 819 and it pretty much fixed the issue - but unfortunately I still had ONE album that was suffering from missing Artist & Album tags. 

So I removed my microSD, did a Full Rescan, reinserted it and did both another full & regular scan and now it seems to all be fixed! I can't find any missing tags anywhere now. Nice work @maxmp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...