Poweramp
DyrusZJ

Poweramp can't scan sd card tags

Poweramp v3 cannot scan the tags of musics in the sd card. The song shows up with unknown album/artist and no album art. Is the problem the sd card or Poweramp?

All of my music is on my sdcard, mp3s with all tags included and embedded album art. PA picks them up fine.

Does this happen with every song on your SD Card, or just some of them? What happens if you put some of the same songs on internal device memory?

Andre

This issue started after a certain build. I forgot which ver is it, but only the newer songs become like that. The old songs on the sd card are fine.

50 minutes ago, DyrusZJ said:

The old songs on the sd card are fine.

Then it might be best to do a Full Rescan, or if that does not fix it then uninstall/reinstall the app, as it sounds like the library database has got itself muddled. (This action will lose any internal playlists and settings, so be sure to export those before continuing).

Andre

I also have this issue in two distinct phones (Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with AOSP 9.0; Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 with MIUI 10 Global Stable on Android 8.1). I reported this specific bug months ago when v3 was still in alpha preview and it never got fixed. I guess it may be because of my exFAT SD card, but other than that I see no reason at all why this should happen on two different devices.

42 minutes ago, AryToNeX said:

I see no reason at all why this should happen on two different devices.

They are not very different devices, both are Xiaomi Redmi Notes, but that shouldn't make a difference as long as their OS can read files from an SD Card, which it presumably can. I don't think exFAT should make a difference either. What symptoms are you seeing?

Andre

On 1/6/2019 at 5:19 PM, andrewilley said:

They are not very different devices, both are Xiaomi Redmi Notes, but that shouldn't make a difference as long as their OS can read files from an SD Card, which it presumably can. I don't think exFAT should make a difference either. What symptoms are you seeing?

Andre

Well I recognize that those are Redmi Notes, but one is running a custom AOSP while the other is on stock ROM; also the SoC changes. Basically if a (music) file is in the internal storage, all tags will be normally read. If I move this file to SD Card or I just download a file there, Poweramp will recognize there's a file, so the file is listed, but tags and duration can't be read.

I thought of exFAT because sometimes, based on the combination of Android version and app that I'm using, sometimes my card will not get properly read and all the files are listed as 0 bytes ones; but it rarely happens on stock unmodified OSes (although it happened once on MIUI). It *could* be a problem at Android level, but as I said it only happens with certain applications and I can safely say that all my tests were done with proper exFAT drivers and with my SD card properly read.