Jump to content
Poweramp
Sign in to follow this  
Brit

Scrolling with a Bluetooth connection doesn't seem to work and the new version

Recommended Posts

Scrolling audio with a Bluetooth connection doesn't seem to work and the new version. Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean by scrolling? Are you talking about build 816 as the "new version", or just referring to Poweramp v3 in general?

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's build 826 v3. By "scrolling", I mean the ability to fast forward a song or podcast on my Bluetooth car radio or headphones. I was able to do it until v3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried contacting Poweramp directly...but no luck. Do I need to reinstall or buy another app?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some BT devices support fast-forward and rewind (which I think is what you are referring to) but it can be a bit hit or miss as to whether they work. Mine does not for example, and never has. Do the regular play/pause and change-track controls work?

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try setting long clicks for BT headset buttons in Poweramp Headset/Bluetooth options.

Poweramp implements both BT seek commands (implemented by some headsets for long press on << >>), or long press on the << >> buttons if device sends such presses properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I can't find a "long click' button in the settings. I do see something that says "long press" but I'm not quite sure what it means. But when I select it, it doesn't help to activate the fast forward. Any suggestions?

On 1/10/2019 at 2:50 AM, maxmp said:

Try setting long clicks for BT headset buttons in Poweramp Headset/Bluetooth options.

Poweramp implements both BT seek commands (implemented by some headsets for long press on << >>), or long press on the << >> buttons if device sends such presses properly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 9:40 PM, Brit said:

I can't find a "long click' button in the settings. 

Try the long press option

015201993332.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could also see what 'Last Processed Commands' in PA Settings > Headset/Bluetooth shows when you press the Ffwd/Rwd buttons on your device.

It could be doing one of two things when you long-press the button on your head-unit: sending a continuous press of the regular next/prev track change button signal (assuming it's the same physical button, which it usually is) and letting the source device (i.e. your phone) decide what to do, or sending a continuous press of a BT seek command.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 9:43 PM, andrewilley said:

You could also see what 'Last Processed Commands' in PA Settings > Headset/Bluetooth shows when you press the Ffwd/Rwd buttons on your device.

It could be doing one of two things when you long-press the button on your head-unit: sending a continuous press of the regular next/prev track change button signal (assuming it's the same physical button, which it usually is) and letting the source device (i.e. your phone) decide what to do, or sending a continuous press of a BT seek command.

Andre

Here is an screen grab attached in the Last Processed Commands' when trying to fast forward on my car player. I hope this helpfull.

Screenshot_20190117-125823.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All that shows is some Pause button presses, nothing from the Ffwd/Rew buttons. Check the timestamps carefully alongside your notes of which buttons were pressed/held at which time in order to see what button presses are getting sent to PA and which are not.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried all the long press options, but with each, when I held down the Track button for fast forward on my radio (or headset) I never received a new Last Processed Command. ...no new commands appeared. I guess, when I have the time, I'll reinstall and see if that works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brit said:

I guess, when I have the time, I'll reinstall and see if that works. 

You could try, but it does seem that the Android bluetooth implementation is not passing the commands through to Poweramp, rather than Poweramp not responding to codes that it has received.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fast forward and rewind now miraculously works on all my Bluetooth devices... out of the blue. I can now safely fast forward through podcast ads while I drive! Was there an update that slipped onto my phone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...