Scrolling with a Bluetooth connection doesn't seem to work and the new version

Brit

Try setting long clicks for BT headset buttons in Poweramp Headset/Bluetooth options.

Poweramp implements both BT seek commands (implemented by some headsets for long press on << >>), or long press on the << >> buttons if device sends such presses properly.

I can't find a "long click' button in the settings. I do see something that says "long press" but I'm not quite sure what it means. But when I select it, it doesn't help to activate the fast forward. Any suggestions?

On 1/10/2019 at 2:50 AM, maxmp said:

Try setting long clicks for BT headset buttons in Poweramp Headset/Bluetooth options.

Poweramp implements both BT seek commands (implemented by some headsets for long press on << >>), or long press on the << >> buttons if device sends such presses properly.

You could also see what 'Last Processed Commands' in PA Settings > Headset/Bluetooth shows when you press the Ffwd/Rwd buttons on your device.

It could be doing one of two things when you long-press the button on your head-unit: sending a continuous press of the regular next/prev track change button signal (assuming it's the same physical button, which it usually is) and letting the source device (i.e. your phone) decide what to do, or sending a continuous press of a BT seek command.

Andre

On 1/15/2019 at 9:43 PM, andrewilley said:

You could also see what 'Last Processed Commands' in PA Settings > Headset/Bluetooth shows when you press the Ffwd/Rwd buttons on your device.

It could be doing one of two things when you long-press the button on your head-unit: sending a continuous press of the regular next/prev track change button signal (assuming it's the same physical button, which it usually is) and letting the source device (i.e. your phone) decide what to do, or sending a continuous press of a BT seek command.

Andre

Here is an screen grab attached in the Last Processed Commands' when trying to fast forward on my car player. I hope this helpfull.

Screenshot_20190117-125823.png

I tried all the long press options, but with each, when I held down the Track button for fast forward on my radio (or headset) I never received a new Last Processed Command. ...no new commands appeared. I guess, when I have the time, I'll reinstall and see if that works. 

4 hours ago, Brit said:

I guess, when I have the time, I'll reinstall and see if that works. 

You could try, but it does seem that the Android bluetooth implementation is not passing the commands through to Poweramp, rather than Poweramp not responding to codes that it has received.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

The fast forward and rewind now miraculously works on all my Bluetooth devices... out of the blue. I can now safely fast forward through podcast ads while I drive! Was there an update that slipped onto my phone?

Archived