Not responding to Bluetooth

Allekz

Poweramp is not responding to my bluetooth devices buttos (though it's paired, and sounds great). I have tasted it with my car stereo (which also doesn't show the song playing data), and bluettoth earbouds. I know my devices are not the problem, because other apps work fine. Any help?

Poweramp Pro v3 build 316
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Android 8.1 based custom ROM (AOSP Extended)

7 minutes ago, Allekz said:

Poweramp is not responding to my bluetooth devices buttos (though it's paired, and sounds great). I have tasted it with my car stereo (which also doesn't show the song playing data), and bluettoth earbouds. I know my devices are not the problem, because other apps work fine. Any help?

Poweramp Pro v3 build 316
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Android 8.1 based custom ROM (AOSP Extended)

Did you enable the buttons ?

03201920170.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It doesn't seem to detect any commnad from bluetooth, just the device.

It may be related to another problem I have: PA doesn't respond eather to volume buttons to navegate from previous or next song, when screen is off.

bluetooth commands.jpg

Poweramp version: v3-build-820-uni

Android version: 8.1.0 (Lineage OS)

The problem is that the controls on a bluetooth headset will not unpause the player.   Pausing works just fine; volume works just fine.  It just won't start playing again after I pause.  Other players (native music player and audible) work correctly.

It may be that I've don't have it configured correctly.  I have "Keep notification" and "Always Keep Notification" turned on.  I have "Respond to Buttons" turned on. 

Here is a screenshot of the "Last Processed Commands" output, after I pause and try to unpause.

Screenshot_20190202-195124_Poweramp.png

Best wishes,

Bob

From your log, it always sends just pause, and that can’t be processed as resume as many devices will send pause commands when in fact pause is required (Eg switching to fm radio usually sends 2-3 pauses in the row, connecting to BT headunits sends multiple pause commands, etc.).

I can try to reproduce this on lineage, and probably some option is possible for that case, though it would be helpful if you specify your phone/bt device. Thanks!

32 minutes ago, maxmp said:

From your log, it always sends just pause, and that can’t be processed as resume as many devices will send pause commands when in fact pause is required (Eg switching to fm radio usually sends 2-3 pauses in the row, connecting to BT headunits sends multiple pause commands, etc.).

I can try to reproduce this on lineage, and probably some option is possible for that case, though it would be helpful if you specify your phone/bt device. Thanks!

Thanks.  The phone is a LG G5.  The bluetooth devices are Aftershokz Trekz Titanium headset, Pioneer  SE-MJ561BT headset and Anker SoundCore Sport XL speakers.  

Best wishes,

Bob

So the devices I mentioned expect, roughly, that the pause button will cause Poweramp to pause, if playing, and play, if paused.  Whereas Poweramp requires a real play to unpause.  The behaviour of Poweramp sounds reasonable to me, so perhaps this "bug" is best ignored.   

As an aside,  I use a generic "truely wireless" earbud to listen to audio books when going to sleep.  That worked properly.

Best wishes,

Bob

If the BT device is intending to issue a toggle-style Play/Pause command, it should be sending KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE. There are separate discrete events KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY (for Play) and KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE (for Pause) which should not be treated by players as toggle commands. My Parrot Zik BT headphones send the discrete versions when I use the pause feature (on repeated pressing, it first sends PAUSE, then PLAY, etc). 

Andre

• 9 months later...

I have the ignore bluetooth buttons option enabled but it is still responding to keycode 85 (KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE)..

adb shell settings get secure media_button_receiver is com.maxmpz.audoplayer....PSMediaButtonReceiver,0

adb shell input keyevent "KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE" will start playing music in Poweramp...it would be great if we could tell it to ignore this event.  So my car will not autoplay music anymore.

Edit - after restarting phone it seems to be honoring this option now. 

Archived