Poweramp
flyingdutchman

Yaps - Yet Another (free) Poweramp Skin

28 minutes ago, Nightshade Ghostaltar said:

I keep all sliders and master volume up the highest they can go with sliders, tone on and limiter off

Distortion city! Why would you do that?

Andre

1 hour ago, Nightshade Ghostaltar said:

It was the limiter for me, I keep all sliders and master volume up the highest they can go with sliders, tone on and limiter off, but sometimes when I turned on the app, limiter would be set to on for some reason, and the button looked the exact same as when it was off, having the different colour lets me see straight away that its on and I turn it off before playing, sliders and tone go dark yes, but limiter can't.

Well it doesn't matter if it isn't fixed,I have other options and can use another skin that has a consistant look.

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Distortion city! Why would you do that?

Andre

Only album I really get noticeable distortion is  on one particular Metallica album, (Justice) but all others are ok for me, Subconsciously I'm probably trying to disprove the maxim "If it's too loud, you're too old" ! hitting 50 here and I'm good! 

4 hours ago, Nightshade Ghostaltar said:

Subconsciously I'm probably trying to disprove the maxim "If it's too loud, you're too old" ! hitting 50 here and I'm good! 

Better to use the EQ settings for what they are intended - i.e. finely shaping the frequency response of the system to provide better audio reproduction - and just turn up the final output gain (i.e. the device's volume control) to 11.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Better to use the EQ settings for what they are intended - i.e. finely shaping the frequency response of the system to provide better audio reproduction - and just turn up the final output gain (i.e. the device's volume control) to 11.

Andre

Technically 15, since Android's volume control has 15 steps! (Unless your manufacturer has more steps, in which case 11 is way too low) XD

On 5/19/2019 at 9:40 PM, andrewilley said:

Andre

True, I used to leave them flat as Samsung has it's own sound settings, so now they are "flat" but raised up the top, I find that since I got Pie, the sound seems lower than it was, not muddy like others have said, it just seems quieter than it used to be,  Ill try as you said and just leave master fully up, and play with eq a bit, thanks Andre :)

On 5/20/2019 at 1:42 AM, flyingdutchman said:

It is fixed in the next release. It now behaves as default Poweramp

Thank you very much,everything is fine now,it allows me to set the minimalist look that I prefer.

The best very thin waveseek is back on Alt!  Love that one, was the reason I downgraded to a previous version, but I only saw it was back when

I was trying (and failing miserably) to do like in the SS on the store, it looks all transparent which would look great with my wallpaper, I set nav and android nav

to transparent etc, I have an S10+ so I dont have the buttons down the bottom but it looks like main background and nav are transparent, or maybe it's just blur from

the album cover you have as I cant see wallpper , either way, thin nav is back so gonna change from Yaps to Alt Yaps, Great job as usual!

thumbnail_Screenshot_20190804-180521_Google Play Store.jpg

Ever since one of the last Poweramp upgrades (running Build 844 arm 64-play Beta Tester on Samsung S9 the skin settings for the different YAPS  options are not displaying properly.  If I choose Classic then enter Skin Settings it looks fine.  If I choose Alternative Classic and then skin settings I get skin setting for Rainbow.  If I choose YAPS - my favorite  - (v29: Lots of Customizations) I get Blue Carbon skin settings.  If I choose Big YAPS and then skin settings I get SAMPLE Black Skin skin settings.  I uninstalled the YAPS and reinstalled but nothing has changed.  What could possibly have gone wrong?  Thanks

54 minutes ago, Someone else said:

Ever since one of the last Poweramp upgrades (running Build 844 arm 64-play Beta Tester on Samsung S9 the skin settings for the different YAPS  options are not displaying properly.  If I choose Classic then enter Skin Settings it looks fine.  If I choose Alternative Classic and then skin settings I get skin setting for Rainbow.  If I choose YAPS - my favorite  - (v29: Lots of Customizations) I get Blue Carbon skin settings.  If I choose Big YAPS and then skin settings I get SAMPLE Black Skin skin settings.  I uninstalled the YAPS and reinstalled but nothing has changed.  What could possibly have gone wrong?  Thanks

@maxmp I noticed in the skin selection list that if you select a new skin from current, then change again before exiting the list, the actual skin that displays on the UI is the first one picked. And multiple radio buttons highlight rather than changing.  This is since 842 and still on 844.

GB