Using Android 8 and Poweramp v3 Bluetooth headphones does not function

Will777

20 hours ago, Will777 said:

I'm new to Poweramp version 3 and has Android 8 on my phone but every time I use my Bluetooth headphone or earbuds I can't listen to any of my music. My Bluetooth headphones only works with Google Play music.

You can also disable DVC ( Direct Volume Control ). Either generally in Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks or per output plugin in Settings  > Audio > Output

032019111412.jpg

032019111427.jpg

032019111442.jpg

I did what you suggested but it's still not working but the weirdest part is that I'm able to select songs, stop playing and resume playing by using the buttons on my Bluetooth headset while listening to the music through my phone's actual speakers. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

9 hours ago, Will777 said:

I did what you suggested but it's still not working but the weirdest part is that I'm able to select songs, stop playing and resume playing by using the buttons on my Bluetooth headset while listening to the music through my phone's actual speakers. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Did you try using another output plugin ? Same effect ?

I don't know what plug in are you talking about. Can you please be more detailed? Is it under the settings? Or are you saying I need to install/add another plug in? This is ridiculous LoL why is it Power amp does not work with a Bluetooth headphones LoL

30 minutes ago, Will777 said:

This is ridiculous LoL why is it Power amp does not work with a Bluetooth headphones LoL

PA does work with Bluetooth headsets (many people use them all the time). However there seems to be something with your setup, device, ROM, or headphones that is not working for you.

By 'Plug in' I assume the OP was referring to the Output options within Poweramp, which you can get to via Settings > Audio > Output (as shown above) and choose which method you want to be for Bluetooth devices. It could be worth changing that another output method.

Andre

I've actually solved the problem. I went to the sound settings and disabled separate sound app option and it's okay now with my earbuds but not with my 1more on ears headphones. There's hardly any volume at all. The volume slider is already on it's maxed. 

On another note. I opened one of my video files on my phone yesterday with PA because it's one of the options presented to me to play a video. I thought why not eh. It played alright just sound and no video LoL and now everytime I open a video PA would play it and I can't find an option to use a different app to play the video. This app looks very cool but it seems very temperamental LoL 

1 hour ago, Will777 said:

It played alright just sound and no video 

Erm, not sure what you expected an AUDIO player to do? :)

To clear the saved intent (you probably selected the 'Always' button by accident) can vary a bit by Android version, but usually go to Android's Settings > Applications > tap on PA and reset the default intent near the bottom of the App Info screen.

Andre

Archived