Poweramp
Prekratic

EXPLICIT TAG

I think that "E" or "EXPLICIT" tag will be awesome feature for songs with meta-tags.

It would be cool if Poweramp have this just like Spotify. 

Screenshot_20181231-144826_Spotify.jpg

I think such custom tags are exclusively read with a program in which they're created or used, thus you will be obliged to write it in your own anyway.

Nope. I have some purchased songs from Google Play. When I downloaded these songs and open it on iTunes on PC, I can see explicit tag.

On 12/31/2018 at 5:05 PM, Prekratic said:

Nope. I have some purchased songs from Google Play. When I downloaded these songs and open it on iTunes on PC, I can see explicit tag.

I think it's only a feature of streaming services. I have a hunch there is no uniform standard for this tag and I've never met it anywhere but google play, iTunes etc. Anyway it's only the dev who can consider/elaborate an implementation of the feature

Although I would probably like this feature. I think this feature becomes a wormhole of new options and becomes tons of work. If this existed then people would want to sort by explicit in every category and have a some kind of parental mode so no explicit plays, shows, password protected etc etc. 

I've been around people and thought man be nice if I could turn on a feature to hide and prevent explicit music from playing or showing.

A simple workaround for this would be adding [EXPLICIT] to the end of the track title. But, as others have mentioned, people will then want further options based on this tag.  I can already suggest having the text colored for such tracks (red/yellow).

Without Me [EXPLICIT]
Halsey

On 1/2/2019 at 11:46 PM, djdarko said:

A simple workaround for this would be adding [EXPLICIT] to the end of the track title. But, as others have mentioned, people will then want further options based on this tag.  I can already suggest having the text colored for such tracks (red/yellow).

Thats a good idea. You could just add a special character to the title. Google special characters and you can find lists of E's that Poweramp will display in the title. Found the EMIN∃M character