Poweramp
Kimsto

Poweramp scam?

From the screenshots, the only thing which seems similar to Poweramp is the app icon, for which they are also using a white 'play' triangle inside a dark circle. Other than that (and the fact that it is a music player of course, which is going to have the same basic functionality) they've don't seem to be very similar.

Andre

47 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

From the screenshots, the only thing which seems similar to Poweramp is the app icon, for which they are also using a white 'play' triangle inside a dark circle. Other than that (and the fact that it is a music player of course, which is going to have the same basic functionality) they've don't seem to be very similar.

Andre

The player itself don't seem to be similar  but the combination of name and logo makes it easy to confuse the two. I feel confident this is done on purpose to ride of Poweramps game.

I found it searching for Poweramp. For someone being recommended Poweramp it wouldn't be unlikely for them to go to poweraudio instead if they slightly remembered the name wrong. Once again something I believe is the creators strategy. The logos are close to identical in my eyes.

20181231_023548.jpg

too close to home, i nearly bought the wrong one but realised just in time!  As a newby i wanted Poweramp and I nearly missed it.

Me lucky, you lucky.