Poweramp Build 816

maxmp

1 hour ago, Absinthequ said:

I keep backup copies too. It appears to happen at random but it almost always happens everytime I overwrite a file that already exists in a m3u playlist. Sometimes I'll change something in a mp3 tag or better quality file with the same name. It almost always wipes the m3u playlist to 0 bytes after overwriting a file.

I think the bug has something to do with Poweramp detecting a change in your library to a file or folder attached to the playlist. Causing Poweramp to do a scan and activating the playlist wipe bug. 

I had it happen just viewing the info/tags.   even if i back out without changing anything.  

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same playlist bug happened to me too.

Completely reset my m3u8 playlist and now its 0 bytes. Good thing I have backups at least. 

Unrelated:

I also kinda miss the playlist filtering. After switching between playlists I find it hard to find which song I was listening on the previous playlist.

It would be cool if we could see playlist numbers when we are scrolling through a playlist, just like we see the first letter when we scroll through "All Songs".

Currently I find out where I am scrolling through by playing a random song in the screen and peaking the notification for the playlist order number.

So; Is there a way to resume a playlist from the last played song?

On 1/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, Mistermirindas said:

Thank you very much for this new update. It is impressively good!

I would like to make a suggestion. If possible, it would be nice to have a 'play next' option when a song is selected. Once that PA song was played, it would continue with the playback that was predefined (random, 'play queue', 'all songs', etc.)

thank you.

IMG_20190102_155923.jpg

Very good idea 

I'm playing tracks in a playlist. Currently my widget is Juice Newton, currently playing song is actually Bob Dylan, and the mini player is a Rolling Stones track that isn't even in the playlist.

I haven't had any updates, or removed the SD card (where the tracks are stored) or anything like that which might trigger a rescan. 

I've seen this occasionally in the past, but unfortunately can't replicate. When others report this Max always just says it's down to a rescan being in progress, but I'm not sure it's as simple as that... Will have a try to reproduce it over the weekend.

Galaxy S9 Plus, Android Pie...

Screenshot_20190111-173731_Poweramp.jpg

Hi guys, I've got one question...

Actually is there any difference to aplha 704 in terms of sound? I've been using S7 Galaxy Exynos (Cirrus Logic DAC, android 7.0) and TBH I gave a beta with new UI a go... and I prefer by far the UI from alpha.

Is there any difference is SQ (through DAC or any changes to EQ?) or the A-B repeat or changing the FFW/RWD seek lenght options have been added?

Or the UI is the main difference?

3 hours ago, Rabangus said:

I'm playing tracks in a playlist. Currently my widget is Juice Newton, currently playing song is actually Bob Dylan, and the mini player is a Rolling Stones track that isn't even in the playlist.

I haven't had any updates, or removed the SD card (where the tracks are stored) or anything like that which might trigger a rescan. 

I've seen this occasionally in the past, but unfortunately can't replicate. When others report this Max always just says it's down to a rescan being in progress, but I'm not sure it's as simple as that... Will have a try to reproduce it over the weekend.

Galaxy S9 Plus, Android Pie...

Screenshot_20190111-173731_Poweramp.jpg

I think this is a queue bug. When you put songs to the current queue while you listen the queue list that happens 1 or 2 times.( Maybe only when queue list is shuffled idk )

9 hours ago, betterstranger said:

Hi guys, I've got one question...

Actually is there any difference to aplha 704 in terms of sound? I've been using S7 Galaxy Exynos (Cirrus Logic DAC, android 7.0) and TBH I gave a beta with new UI a go... and I prefer by far the UI from alpha.

Is there any difference is SQ (through DAC or any changes to EQ?) or the A-B repeat or changing the FFW/RWD seek lenght options have been added?

Or the UI is the main difference?

Newer builds has better sound quality the audio separation, vocal & highs are really good. I have bass heavy earphone & headphones thats why I can clearly hear the difference. To be exact Sony xb90ex & xb920 they often sound muddy if the vocals/highs aren't good enough. I've experienced same thing using sound mods as well but Poweramp V3 is out of this world idk what Max has done to it the audio quality is insane it almost sounds like my friends ath m50x with million times more bass

12 hours ago, sztsam said:

I think this is a queue bug. When you put songs to the current queue while you listen the queue list that happens 1 or 2 times.( Maybe only when queue list is shuffled idk )

No, not for me - I have nothing in queue. Also haven't added anything to the playlist while it was playing. Only thing I can think of is that I paused play for a while using bluetooth controls.

did max do something with the audio for these sound quality improvements people are talking about?  I haven't noticed the improvements but I have a good ear for sound quality.   Of course without a side by side comparison with identical equipment it is hard to compare.   I'm using higher bitrate MP3's.   granted I"m not using 100+ headphones.  

1 hour ago, Kuldeep said:

even if I have disabled it the track which is been played restarts every time I click it from the playlist 

Do you mean "is being played" or "has been played" ? The first one is the one implemented. If that doesn't work for you try a full rescan.

2 hours ago, Kuldeep said:

Please help "click restarts track" cannot be disabled even if I have disabled it the track which is been played restarts every time I click it from the playlist

Which option are you referring to?

Settings >Library > Lists > "Click Restarts Track"
or
Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI > "<< Button Reset Current Track"

The first one defines whether tapping on the currently playing song within the library view should start the track again from the beginning, or merely return to the player screen with the track still playing.
The second one defines whether tapping on the << icon in the player screen should immediately go back to the previous track, or just restart the current track at the beginning (requiring a second press to go back a track).

Both options work fine for me anyway, so perhaps you have some corruption in your database or Settings? A Full Rescan, or more drastically an uninstall/reinstall, might help.

Andre

On 1/8/2019 at 10:55 AM, dev_core said:

Hi, everyone. I have issue in last build (maybe in previous too). I have samsung s9 with android pie, and try to enable hi-res for wired headset, but it was absent in hi res list. what i should do for enable it?

https://content.invisioncic.com/r156363/monthly_2019_01/Screenshot_20190104-080120_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.eff1944974685a9ecfa59067ddf5c845.jpg

Same, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it work on my device before. (WCD9330, Moto G5 Plus, Arrow-OS (Pie))

I still get massive high volume on hi res after not listening to Poweramp, then turning it on by just starting a song. I mentioned it before on earlier releases but still there. I have not listened to hi res for a while but looks like I am having to stick with regular output again. I will try it on hi res on my walk tomorrow but if it does it again, then I am sticking with regular output, and just never using hi res ever again. Bummer, that I can't use hi res without the auto jump to real high volume. Exporting settings did not work. This was on wired. It did it with BT too. S7 edge Oreo. I do not want to have to keep buying new headphones when Poweramp blows the drivers. I will give it one more shot, and I will have to not use it again if it does it again. Seems like it won't be fixed if it does it again. Especially, for a final version of the app too.

I heard a little crackling like a vinyl record. I hope that does not mean drivers are blown. I will be pissed. I just bought new headphones. So far next song sounds fine. So it might be just the song. Can't believe that hi res still has issues after all this time working on it. I think the duck when notifications and ending call adjust volume too.

8 minutes ago, AllCoreListener said:

I still get massive high volume on hi res after not listening to Poweramp, then turning it on by just starting a song. I mentioned it before on earlier releases but still there.

Does this happen only after you chang the output plugin to Hi-Res ? Or always after Start of Poweramp ? That would be inconvenient 😞

Archived