Jump to content
Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp Build 816

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Does this happen only after you chang the output plugin to Hi-Res ? Or always after Start of Poweramp ? That would be inconvinient 😞

 

All I did was plugin headphones via aux cable with BT headphones after opening app, and wham bam ty mam boom slam volume button to turn down. I set wired to hi res few days ago. BT was on regular, and was going to put BT on hi res, which I did but scared it would do it too. Seems to be when opening the app does it. When listening and then stopping, and then starting it again does not do it, but I think I went to Device Maintenance and removed Poweramp from battery, and then opened app and did not do it again. So I think it is a random issue. I have Absolute Volume disabled for bluetooth. Do not know that would do anything. Absolute volume disabled keeps that from happening. So that would not do it.

I could just try remembering to check volume before tapping play. With Absolute Volume disabled, it makes the volume be remembered where it was and not change. So I do think it is a Poweramp issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Which option are you referring to?

Settings >Library > Lists > "Click Restarts Track"
or
Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI > "<< Button Reset Current Track"

The first one defines whether tapping on the currently playing song within the library view should start the track again from the beginning, or merely return to the player screen with the track still playing.
The second one defines whether tapping on the << icon in the player screen should immediately go back to the previous track, or just restart the current track at the beginning (requiring a second press to go back a track).

Both options work fine for me anyway, so perhaps you have some corruption in your database or Settings? A Full Rescan, or more drastically an uninstall/reinstall, might help.

Andre

The first I was referring to. I have tried uninstalling and installing again .. also tried clearing data which basically resets the app... I am using playstore non beta version.. on my Nokia 5 8.1oreo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, AllCoreListener said:

All I did was plugin headphones via aux cable with BT headphones after opening app, and wham bam ty mam boom slam volume button to turn down. I set wired to hi res few days ago. BT was on regular, and was going to put BT on hi res, which I did but scared it would do it too. Seems to be when opening the app does it. When listening and then stopping, and then starting it again does not do it, but I think I went to Device Maintenance and removed Poweramp from battery, and then opened app and did not do it again. So I think it is a random issue. I have Absolute Volume disabled for bluetooth. Do not know that would do anything. Absolute volume disabled keeps that from happening. So that would not do it.

I could just try remembering to check volume before tapping play. With Absolute Volume disabled, it makes the volume be remembered where it was and not change. So I do think it is a Poweramp issue.

Perhaps a DVC effect ? Do you have DVC enabled ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Perhaps a DVC effect ? Do you have DVC enabled ?

Yes, but does not do it on regular output and if that is the case, then I still would use regular output to the fact volume is way too low for turning DVC off. Max has said something about DVC before and to me it makes no sense to have hi res with very low volume. Oh well, then back to regular output for DVC turned on.

Edit: Tried with DVC off and I still have to go a couple notches up on volume on headphones, and little higher on phone with BT. Hope does not drain BT battery faster doing that. Also, have to do quite a bit higher with DVC off via aux cable too. It loses ooomph doing with no DVC enabled. Also, bass dropped too.

In my opinion, it sounds worse with no DVC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing I am confused at Poweramp being finalized is hi res is not finalized in the app. Still says experimental. That is not finalized. It would just say it is hi res and nothing else about experimental. You would not go buy a television at best buy and have it say it was a experimental testing tv, and people would buy it right?

Oh and to expand on last problem. Went from volume randomly loud problem, but to fix that is to do another problem. You go from randomly loud, to turn DVC off to lower the volume, to compensate for the lower volume, and turning it up more. That makes no sense at all. You basically go from one problem to another doing that. Not really a fix at all. DVC was a nice fix for lower volume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AllCoreListener said:

Another thing I am confused at Poweramp being finalized is hi res is not finalized in the app. Still says experimental. That is not finalized. It would just say it is hi res and nothing else about experimental. You would not go buy a television at best buy and have it say it was a experimental testing tv, and people would buy it right?

Oh and to expand on last problem. Went from volume randomly loud problem, but to fix that is to do another problem. You go from randomly loud, to turn DVC off to lower the volume, to compensate for the lower volume, and turning it up more. That makes no sense at all. You basically go from one problem to another doing that. Not really a fix at all. DVC was a nice fix for lower volume.

HiRes on android it's like 8k on a broadcast TV's.

Simple TV works well as simple sound-out.

THere is separate thread - write there details of your phone - it will be fixed (as many other).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AllCoreListener I can't "finalize" the feature which is not officially supported by Android. OEMs at any time are free to remove/replace/break and do whatever they want with Hi-Res output support for their devices with any next ROM update.

The only part which is supported semi-officially now is LDAC over BT for Android 8.0 (still, OEMs are free to remove this codec support and many do that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AllCoreListener said:

 Just never use a feature that doesn't work right?

And thereby you make you own case for the fact it is still an experimental feature and not guaranteed to work on all devices/ROMs. If it doesn't work for you, report it in the Hi-Res Requests thread, and maybe it will be possible in the future, maybe not.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else experiencing an issue with PA notification on Pie? Can't control it reliably, sometimes it shows, sometimes not. Can't turn it off when it does show etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RaulBG said:

Anyone else experiencing an issue with PA notification on Pie? Can't control it reliably, sometimes it shows, sometimes not. Can't turn it off when it does show etc. 

Pie has a few issues at the moment. What have you got the controls in Poweramp Settings > Look and Feel > Notifications set to?

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried all the permutations of the notification setting within PA coupled with Pie settings. End result, can be with some fiddling, set to always show but it can't be turned off using little x or no show at all.

I'll be patient until fixed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a P20 Pro, running on Android Pie. Hi Res is working, but the volume is extremely low. What could be the problem? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ZakuAbumi said:

I have a P20 Pro, running on Android Pie. Hi Res is working, but the volume is extremely low. What could be the problem? 

It will be fixed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ZakuAbumi said:

I have a P20 Pro, running on Android Pie. Hi Res is working, but the volume is extremely low. What could be the problem? 

Try to disable Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Direct Volume Control

If that doesn't help don't use Hi Res

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 4:24 PM, andrewilley said:

And thereby you make you own case for the fact it is still an experimental feature and not guaranteed to work on all devices/ROMs. If it doesn't work for you, report it in the Hi-Res Requests thread, and maybe it will be possible in the future, maybe not.

Andre

Or just do what I just said, and be done with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also another bug on the newest build 816 is

when i sort my playlist by title and and then start playing a song, the playlist appears to sort immediately, but then the song will stop on it's own... almost as if the playlist needs to finish sorting itself first. i have to go back in and replay my song. 

 

I feel like Poweramp should have a built in setting:

Always sort playlist by "title", "filename" ...etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2019 at 1:50 PM, andrewilley said:

Turn it up on the Bluetooth side then.

Andre

Any idea why Samsung music is louder than Poweramp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rojomeansred said:

Any idea why Samsung music is louder than Poweramp?

Poweramp uses different audio engine, and perhaps there is more headroom being allowed for EQ purposes? You can disable that in the Output settings, but I wouldn't advise it unless you are having to run the device's master volume at maximum to get your desired listening level.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 11:46 AM, andrewilley said:

M3U8 files are not CUE files, which is it that is being deleted down to zero bytes, CUE files (which PA should never write to) or playlist files (which it can)?

Andre

Playlist, but this seems to have been resolved somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×