Ikorolkov skin

Johnbsn

I too would like to see a revision for v3 of Ikorlkov's material skin. It is my absolute favorite. I would like also to be able to hide both unknown artist and unknown album. If the artist field is not filled in it's because I either don't know or care what it is. Seeing 'Unknown Artist' displayed is very annoying. I listen to nothing but classical music and seeing everything labeled 'Song' I also find very annoying. Even the songs of, for example, Mahler or Schubert aren't labeled 'song'. They're 'song cycles', or 'pieces', or 'pieces of music' or 'compositions' or 'opus'. It is also annoying when, for example, displaying the genre list that one composers picture is displayed at the top when many different composers are in the list. And when, for example, displaying an album titled 'Beethoven's Symphonies', one artists name is displayed with the image when there are many different artists in the list. It would be nice if we had more control over how and when things are displayed and labeled. I too would pay for a truly fine skin.

I tend to be a bit OCD about some things so please excuse the rant. I've had this building up in me for some time!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

YES! the Ikorolkov Kit Kat skin to me is the only acceptable one I'v seen so far. classy, simple, clean and well layed out. the only thing i would improve on the skin would be to have a slightly larger seek bar and wider margins horizontally between the media buttons, track info and seek bar so its not so squished to the bottom but apart from that nothing even comes close.

oh and just having black and white with the that right type of blue for the seek and scroll bar was perfect

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 9:17 PM, flyingdutchman said:

I looked for this but could not find it. Loads from ikorolkov skins for player Pro. Is there a link so I can have a look, or post screenshots.

Your right I also can't find it on play store I think he removed them from play store.

But after a Google search I found this screen shot of KitKat skin

Edited by Prosenjit

11 hours ago, fazi78 said:

Why not free?

You'd have the ask the author why he wants to be paid for his time and effort - many people do, although some offer their work as a gift to other users.

Do you do your own daily occupation as a volunteer by the way, or do you expect to be paid for your work? 

Andre

I remember paying for s skin and widget from ikrolkov in the playstore years ago, I think it could have been called "future", then android changed from jellybean to KitKat, or KK to next, anyway the skin and widget wouldn't update, and he, or his Dev's never replied to us, as I remember there was loads of people stuck with it, while the other Dev's updated for us, So I wouldn't buy anything off ikrolkov again, myself. Just blanked hundreds ,or more of us.

On 3/5/2019 at 3:47 PM, flyingdutchman said:

I looked for this but could not find it. Loads from ikorolkov skins for player Pro. Is there a link so I can have a look, or post screenshots.

yea he removed it from the play store. good thing I backed it up but i wouldn't know how to retrieve it as an apk if that's even possible 

poweramp ikoroikov kit kat skin.pngpoweramp ikoroikov kit kat skin menu.png

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DevilSlayerDante said:

I paid real money for this, and now I can't use it anymore.  Bring back skeumorphism...minimalism is overrated, aesthetically unappealing, and statistically less user-friendly.

Poweramp v2 skins will only work on PA v2, they cannot be used with v3 as it uses a completely redesigned Material Design user interface (as requested by the userbase in a public poll). If the visual look of the skin is more important to you than any updated functionality of the main app though, please feel free to continue to use v2 where your old purchased skins should work fine.

Otherwise, you may want to contact the skin author to see if they have any plans to develop a similar old-style look skin for v3 - or check out the skins that have already been added to the Skins & Themes subforum here. 

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp v2 skins will only work on PA v2, they cannot be used with v3 as it uses a completely redesigned Material Design user interface (as requested by the userbase in a public poll). If the visual look of the skin is more important to you than any updated functionality of the main app though, please feel free to continue to use v2 where your old purchased skins should work fine.

Otherwise, you may want to contact the skin author to see if they have any plans to develop a similar old-style look skin for v3 - or check out the skins that have already been added to the Skins & Themes subforum here. 

Andre

Style and and function are equally important to me, so v2 is not an option, and no one has made any skins for v3 that appeal to me, they're all flat and/or have awful color schemes.  I contacted the developer of the skin I posted above over a month ago, but no reply yet, and I get the impression he never will, since he removed ALL his Poweramp add-ons from the Play store.

13 minutes ago, DevilSlayerDante said:

Are you I. Korolkov, the developer of the skin shown in my 1st post in this thread?

He is not, but he has been working on v3 skins - so maybe you could outline your thoughts to him and perhaps if your ideas might have more general appeal, he might consider looking into it?

The skin I use is https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/15556-free-poweramp-v3-skin-default-dark/ which allows a cleaner less cluttered look, and also (optionally) supports both the dynamic and static seekbars in the same view. However you seem to want stylised visual representations of real physical controls (something Google has been pushing strongly against in Android design for a number of years now) so it may not be for you.

Andre

If I were a violent person, I'd shoot everyone responsible for pushing the flat design epoch.  As far as I'm concerned, it's the devolution of stylish, intuitive UI design. I absolutely abhore flat/metro/material UI...unfortunately, abhore isn't even strong enough to convey my disdain.  I still use Windows 7 because I'm so passionately against the Win10 GUI, among a slew of other detrimental features and behaviours I disapprove of.

To me, 3D beveled objects and textured or gradient surfaces are far, far more appealing to look at, and much easier to differentiate interactive objects from static space.  Even the name "material design" implies skeuomorphism, so "material", in this case, is a misnomer.  And you are correct, Andre, I really don't like the "default dark" skin, I don't like any of the v3 skins I've seen so far, they're all flat and/or have hideous color palettes.  Give me raised buttons/dials, sunken displays, and colors that complement each other, not contrast.

I actually agree, I much prefer realistic 3D-effect renderings of control icons, and clearer delineation of buttons and shadowed panel areas, etc. I also far prefer the look of the desktop in Windows 7 to Windows 10 (I skipped 8, which was an even worse dog' s dinner). Unfortunately, every company seems to have acted like sheep and gone the same way with this flat and uninspiring design choice, and the PA userbase voted to follow the design trend to keep up and make the app "look modern". Oh well, I'm sure Google will go full circle again at some point and change everything again, but for now we're stuck with Material Design being the default for app design.

Andre