Song repeating, no track info on bluetooth for a Pioneer DEH-X6900BT 2017

stevk

Hello!

This may have been introduced in other threads but there is hours of browsing posted.

Version v3 - 814 build

1.  So very irritating is the repetition of songs that are named the same. Say i have a yes song picked, through my whole 30 albums I have it will try and play each version of a song wit that same name instead of just one version then moving on.

2. Just before dec 2018 my Pioneer DEH-X6900BT (2017) would show track info scrolling. Now all I see is bt-4 and clock. Going through the radios settings this is displayed for most of the selections. I tried a few data selections on the app to no avail.

Solutions? Fixes due out? If this change is intentional, and i would have to pick up my phone while driving, turn on the screen, open app, check song and band name I will have to use a different app as this will cause me to take my eyes from the road way too much. Yes i have over 70 gigs of music on my s9.

2 hours ago, stevk said:

1.  So very irritating is the repetition of songs that are named the same.

If you are using All Songs mode then I would expect that to happen as by default that plays songs in name order. However if you use Folders or Albums categories and (for example) track# sorting then that should not be happening,.

Andre

So in 'Shuffle All' mode, if a song title occurs more than once in your music library, PA plays all of the similarly-titled versions back-to-back? That does sound like a bug if it's repeatable. [Edit: I can't reproduce it, even on songs which occur several times in my library with exactly the same title - studio and live versions, etc] 

Andre

Any song picked to play that has semi identical names is played back to back until all the identical songs are done. I word it that way because some of the songs are slightly different.Today i see it played some dream theater songs, first is a version with the track number first. Like '03 take the time.mp3', followed by 'take the time.mp3'. 2 songs later '14 take it to the water.wma' is followed by 'take it to the water.mp3'. Ten songs earlier '11 tears.mp3' followed by 'tears.m4a'. Right before that '07 tears in the rain.mp3' followed by '06 tears in the rain [live].mp3'. five song previously '06 tempus fugit.mp3' then 'tempus fugit 1980 1981.m4a' then 'tempus fugit1980 1982.m4a' then ' tempus fugit 1980.m4a'. That is a pretty good example of that. I can send screen shots or log if you wish.

It happens to me multiple times a day. In both vehicles (on the pioneer in my work truck and in my 2015 escape stock premium radio). I use a s9 phone via bluetooth using shuffle all setting. Android, if that may be the issue. The phone and the app is the commonality.

The other issue, song titles, only occurs on the pioneer. The escape's radio shows song info. The pioneer shows bt-a above bt-a. The bottom woud be where the scrolling song info would be prior to december.

Neither lets me do thumbs up / thumbs down via the head unit. Not sure that is enabled, but it would be nice.

Oh here is an interesting one, 2 songs played back to back, 'tenement funster.mp3' (by queen) followed by '2-02 tenement funster_flick of the w.mp3' (by dream theater). So it doesnt even stay with the same group but gets stuck on a name and plays every song associated with it.

Since the pioneer doesnt show the track info i can not see the songs picked, just hear the identical / similar tracks playing back to back. I was scanning through the played list for the repeat info.

I wish to add that i have used power amp for many years and multiple phones. And have loved it greatly. It had done everything i needed it to do from playlists, to shuffle all, to shuffle all in play list. I even bought a bluetooth work radio to play power amp through. I will be patient hoping for bug fixes for the individual equipment i use. Keep on fine tuning! I have greatly enjoyed the app.

Some issue with the random selector. Perhaps tied to its' not knowing how to mark a title as already played, so it wants to play all of that selection. Because a identical tag can be two different songs (live and studio), The pa tag needs to be expanded to include its album name for help in it's 'already played' counter. Perhaps that part of the code is not translating / compliling to the operating system of my phone.

The shuffle all seems to be working today. Once Andre stated he couldn't reproduce it, I tried a few things. Maybe it was hot fixed, or maybe when i deleted the app (just the bigger app trial version, not the pro unlocker) and reinstalled it the repeat has not happened so far over 2 days.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived