..Play Issues - Difficulty with the UI

ethan417

Hi 

I'm a longtime Poweramp user.

I am having difficulty with simple play/repeat functions that were easy to do in V2. 

When I select a CD to play or a playlist PA shuffles the content of all music on my phone.

How do I get PA to play just the CD or playlist and repeat indefinitely if I choose? 

Thank you 

59 minutes ago, ethan417 said:

How do I get PA to play just the CD or playlist and repeat indefinitely if I choose? 

There is no category "CD" in Poweramp. If you want to play an album, choose it via "Albums" or artist > albums. Then play the first song. Set "Shuffle Off" and "Repeat List".

1125201818223.jpg

11252018182216.jpg

11252018182550.jpg

11252018182750.jpg

Hi

Thank you - unfortunately, it didn't work.

I selected a playlist - selected the first song and followed your instructions.

After completing the first song on the playlist, it just played a random song on my phone.

I have been a PA owner for 3 years and use it everyday. I am familiar with the features but cannot get v3 to play an entire album or playlist.

I know that v3 is the result of a lot of research and hard work but I don't understand why I am struggling to do the simplest tasks.

Any thoughts?

Thank you 

32 minutes ago, ethan417 said:

After completing the first song on the playlist, it just played a random song on my phone. 

Do a full rescan and make sure Shuffle is switched off. If that doesn't work document the bug with some screenshots and give detailed information about smartphone, os etc.

The Shuffle and Repeat modes have basically not changed in 6+ years, not since v2 was a baby. :)

While playing a song, tap the Shuffle icon to cycle through the available modes (or long-press for a full list). The same goes for the Repeat modes. The two icons are just below the album artwork, on the right-hand side.

To shuffle the current category (in your case that would mean 'Playlist', as that's the category in which you started listening) select the Shuffle Only Songs mode. Depending on your chosen Repeat mode, when the current Playlist has been completed PA can move on to the next Playlist ('Advance List') and play that shuffled too. To stop at the end of the current list, set Repeat to 'Off' (or Repeat List to keep playing it). Other Shuffle modes can shuffle the order of the new Playlists too.

Andre

Archived