Poweramp
machoblue

not playing

On 12/25/2018 at 2:58 AM, machoblue said:

Some files(.flac) which are playing other music players are not playing in PA. What can I do?

Providing some information would be a good start.

Andre

the latest vetsion of PA (v3 build 814) with Galaxy Note S9.

The error message is 'failed to play file'.

Some of my flac files faced that error. But other music player can play without any errors.

So the files all scan into PA's library OK, so you can see them in the library views (with their correct running times) but when you tap on one of them in the library view to listen to it, PA says "failed to play" at that point?

Andre

That is not the problem of one or two files of the same folder or list, the error of all files of specific folder.

The common feature of error files is that they are ripped by same condition with same ripping software.

They are scanned by PA, shown in the library of PA and normally played in several other music player apps.

I doubt that there is a crash bwtween DSP and specifically ripped flac files.

That's because these files faced same errors in 'Player Pro music player' when DSP package is activated, but when DSP is inactivated, it played well with no error.

I really want to use PA not Player Pro, so I strongly want to deal with this errors.

Have you tried re-encoding them (or re-muxing them anyway, to keep them lossless) to see if there is something in the encoding or tagging process that is not working for PA? If it's all the files in particular folders, does the same happen if you move the contents to (for example) a folder on internal device memory rather than an SD Card? Otherwise, might be worth uploading a sample file or two for checking.

Andre

You'd need to use a file sharing site (e.g. Dropbox or Google Drive) as they are probably too big to upload them here.

Andre

10 hours ago, machoblue said:

So, can I get any way to play fine in PA?

Either re-encode them, or wait to see if Max can work out what's wrong with them and program a work-around.

Andre

Thanks for the files.

These contain multiple FLAC_METADATA_TYPE_STREAMINFO entries, which is a violation of flac format and ffmpeg is picky about that. I relaxed it a bit - the files now accepted in build 816.