Poweramp keeps on stopping music

Betailas

On 12/24/2018 at 6:05 AM, maxmp said:

I've sent a build (see PM) for you (who posted in this topic) which detects killing by battery optimizer and also improves jumping over unplayable/missing files (these will stop playback in build-814) + few device variants quirks.

Generally, for 814 audio may stop:

1. (90% of cases) when killed by (e.g. Xiaomi, Sonys, etc.) battery optimizer (Unlocker is killed too with whole Poweramp and should be set to No restrictions too (wording is different across MIUI variants) in Installed Apps). Happens when screen is off or PA is on background. When you start Poweramp again, it sits on start of the track in paused state.
    Build 815 tries to detect that and show appropriate message.
  2. when there is non-playable track. Poweramp skips that and stays paused. Happens even when Poweramp is on foreground. Poweramp stays paused on first seconds on the track past bad one. If you press << you may notice unplayable track which is skipped.
    Build 815 now tries to keep playing after skipping bad files.
  3. when device force-shutdowns all audio. Happens for Xiaomis (or other devices sharing 6xx Qualcomm code) even for stock player, on some notifications/or parallel audio playback. Usually affects Hi-Res output + DVC or non-hi-res output + Custom volume levels. When you open Poweramp it sort of plays, but no audio can be heard.
    Build 815 has new option Audio / Advanced Tweaks / Force Audio On Audio Focus Change. This will work only if No Duck is applied for audio output.

I recently had a phone (Samsung S22 SE) update which caused the playback to stop on screen lock. It was working perfectly without any issues up until the  %#$^$#@ update which came right around March 1st 2022. Current Andriod version is 12, One UI version 4.  When it updated it changed the settings in Poweramp App for the battery setting to "Optimized".  I had to go in and change it back to "Unrestricted" to resolve the problem for both apps "Poweramp" and "Poweramp Full Version Unlocker".   If others start having this issue again this may be a good place to start looking. Check them, I had to restart the phone for it to take effect.  Thanks @maxmp for the tips above, they were helpful!   I love this App!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic