Swipe to change Albums

maskoficarus

This might be a duplicate request. Feel free to close if it is.

I'm a long-time Poweramp user who just got the V3 update. My first impressions have been favorable. The new Poweramp looks slick and it's great to have the notification area working again!

However, I do have one big issue that might make me downgrade to V2. I frequently use Poweramp to play music while driving. The swipe controls made this safer and easier than any other media player applications. With V3 I can no longer swipe up or down to change albums. I've found and enabled the pro buttons, but they're not as useful since they require me to look at the phone.

Taking me to the list of songs on the album on swiping down isn't helpful for me with the way I use the app. V2 already got me in the habit of swiping left or right in the rare scenario where I want to listen to a specific song on the same album.

Am I missing a configuration option? If not, this is a feature request to add-back swipe up/down configuration.

No, you're not missing anything, there is currently no way at all to change albums from the default interface. At the end of an album (at the first or last track only) you can "long swipe" sidewards to go to the previous (from the first track) or next album (from the last track) but otherwise the only way to do it is to enable Pro Buttons.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up for this forum just because of this issue.

I really love Poweramp, but don't understand why option to change between albums by a finger swipe has been removed. What made this app stand out over other music players was the fact that it could be easily operated without looking on the display, which is essential for example if used while in the pocket or while driving. This UI change makes the program less user friendly and absolutely breaks Poweramp for me.

PLEASE bring back the swipe up / swipe down Album change gesture (both on the lock screen and the app), at least as an option.

Thanks!

I'm not quite sure why it ever went away. While I didn't use it myself (I prefer proper control buttons, rather than waving my finger around in wild gesticulations :) ) I know a lot of people did.

Currently, pull-down just does the same thing as a tap (opens the current library view), while pull-up just bounces the screen a bit but doesn't actually do anything else. Neither of which seem especially useful.

Andre

• 1 month later...

I also joined the forum to add my vote to bring this back.  Poweramp was the first store app I ever purchased when I moved to Android many years ago.  Solid, innovative,and well maintained.  Using the swipe up/down to change albums without looking is just great touch design.  I have been trying to adjust to v3 since it came out and, like others, assumed there was some combination of settings I hadn't discovered to keep that function.

Sorry, I am reverting back to v2 until this is restored as some option.

MaybeOnce

• 2 weeks later...

Another first time poster begging to get the ability to advance albums back. Restoring the Advance List button would be fine, as would mapping this function to a gesture (as noted, Pull Up doesn't seem to do anything currently)

I typically play albums on shuffle while driving, and it takes too many swipes/clicks to go to another album when shuffle lands on one I'd rather skip past. This is the only change between v2/3 I haven't been able to get used to.

On 3/1/2019 at 1:51 PM, blaubär said:

Activate the pro buttons in your skin, there is an advance list button, here labelled next category:

212019185045.jpg

Thanks, I had forgotten this had to be enabled after upgrading to v3. Adding the gesture option would still be nice, but this works in a pinch.

On 2/17/2019 at 5:05 AM, MaybeOnce said:

I also joined the forum to add my vote to bring this back.  Poweramp was the first store app I ever purchased when I moved to Android many years ago.  Solid, innovative,and well maintained.  Using the swipe up/down to change albums without looking is just great touch design.  I have been trying to adjust to v3 since it came out and, like others, assumed there was some combination of settings I hadn't discovered to keep that function.

Sorry, I am reverting back to v2 until this is restored as some option.

MaybeOnce

Поддерживаю.

• 2 weeks later...

Vote to come back of this feature. Maybe with option, but it must be.

If it can be switched with buttons - it will be fantastic.

(Vol+ + Vol- - next album\folder, Vol- + Vol+ - prev albun\folder of something like this).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm one of the users that created a forum account just to tell that the ability to swipe through albums was one of the main features for me.

It would be great to get it back in Poweramp V3 as an option.

As much as I like the improvements of V3, the loss of this feature made me downgrade to V2.

Cheers

Thorsten

I must confess I never understood why this feature went away. Although it's not something I used myself (I prefer real control buttons) I know a lot of users liked it. And the current operation seems very temporary - swipe-up just jiggles the screen and does nothing else, while swipe-down just mimics the same functionality as tapping on the artwork. Maybe Max has a masterplan for this, but I'm afraid I don't know what it is.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

i join to the request to bring back this function.

My android car head unit is disconnected most of the time from the network. I've updated to Poweramp 3 just few days ago for a long trip.

And that was quite disapointing to discover the swipe up and down for album sélection have disapeared, and the only solution to do this was way too dangerous while driving.

i will definitively go back to Poweramp 2.

it's a personnal feeling but the previous navigation style looked more "natural"

Archived